PDA

View Full Version : Re-wraping Firecracker bricks ?

NWPA
03-04-2014, 06:13 PM
A few of the older bricks I have has some tears in the cellophane covering. I have clear cellophane sheets that I sometimes use to shrink wrap gift baskets I make up. My question is the use of this to recover the bricks. A hair dryer is used to heat it until it pulls taught. Heating a 60+ year old brick has me wondering with the higher flash content and all. What do you think?

N3OQO
03-04-2014, 06:54 PM
I'm not sure about what it would do to the actual value of antique fireworks, but I know from experience that the moment you alter most antiques they lose value. LOL, fireworks never last long enough here to get old, I think I have a brick of Black Cats that is about five years old. If you are simply trying to preserve them, I would just wrap them in regular kitchen saran type wrap and leave the original wrapping in place the way it is.

NWPA
03-04-2014, 07:41 PM
I will take that as sound advice. Kind of thought that just needed a nudge in that direction. Thanks

displayfireworks1
03-04-2014, 08:17 PM
If it is falling apart that is an excuse to light that shit. LOL If you want to save them, you can enjoy them vicariously with this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K09iQkw9EA4

N3OQO
03-04-2014, 09:03 PM
I had a box of authentic M-80's that was given to me in the early 90's. It had been sitting in this old guys basement for 30 years or more. It was an incredible find for me as I grew up when we could still get them. When I got them home, the first layer or so was either leeching something or was moldy, so I threw those out. I lit a couple and they were as I remembered them. Shortly thereafter I had a fire in the house on the 2nd floor and it gutted the house from there up, but they were still in the garage where I had stored them. No one cited me or confiscated them, but they disappeared when the restoration crew was rebuilding the house.

Jman
03-05-2014, 12:11 AM
I am afraid I am like Dave. If its got a fuse its not safe around me:D

PGH_Pyro
03-05-2014, 09:25 AM
Dave we need shirts that say "Light that shit !"
:)