PDA

View Full Version : Red Rhino buys Texas Outlaw Fireworks

Jman
02-24-2014, 02:27 PM
This past year Red Rhino/Crazy Debbies bought out Texas Outlaw Fireworks based in Silsbee Texas. Silsbee is pretty far south just north of Beaumont and not too far from the Houston area. You can go to the link below and read about it on their website. Steve Houser wrote a detailed description of the transaction which you can find under the blog. I have done a lot of business with Steve and JT at Red Rhino the past 4 years. Not sure if anyone on here is a current customer of theirs or not. I've been to just about all the wholesalers and in my opinion their pricing vs product is hard to beat on 200g cakes, 500g cakes and Artillery shell kits. JT is who I did most of my business with in Joplin Missouri. He is now managing the warehouse is Silsbee Texas.

Remember to click on Blog to read the article.

http://redrhinofireworks.com/

Dart
02-24-2014, 06:04 PM
is any of the texas outlaw product more than a private label generic, I saw they have what looks like an amazing ballet rewrap packed 2/1, which is nice ifs the same as the normal winda 1/1 packing.

Jman
02-25-2014, 02:00 AM
is any of the texas outlaw product more than a private label generic, I saw they have what looks like an amazing ballet rewrap packed 2/1, which is nice ifs the same as the normal winda 1/1 packing.

I honestly don't know much about the texas outlaw and hog wild brands yet. I hope to learn more when I go to the demo in Joplin on April 25th- 27th. I was told by the guy that I deal with that some of the products underneath the two brands is megabanger and shogun. I'm not real sure but I also think they may have some brothers cakes under their labels. I am a shooter first, but I also have a small retail fireworks store here on my land and I am excited about being able to carry a brand such as hog wild. Being in Razorback country, that should go over well with my customers. As for Amazing ballet, I did see a pic of it on Red rhinos website and it does look like Winda's Amazing Ballet. Not sure about the 2/1 packing. I think that is probably a misprint because I've only seen that cake at 1/1 like you stated.

NOLApyro
02-25-2014, 07:16 PM
I found this youtube channel that has a bunch of Texas Outlaw/Hog Wild demo vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/GalaxyFireworksTX/videos

Looks like decent stuff.

Jman
02-25-2014, 10:07 PM
I found this youtube channel that has a bunch of Texas Outlaw/Hog Wild demo vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/GalaxyFireworksTX/videos

Looks like decent stuff.

It should get better over time. I imagine that the guys at Red Rhino will drop the current factories producing those brands and shift them to the factories that produce the Red Rhino and World Class brands. I figure this would make more financial since for them since they would not have to go through several different factories which would drive up their cost and eventually yours and mine. I've been shooting and selling the Red Rhino/Full Blown lines for 6 years now and I have been very pleased with their products pricing and performance. Like any brand, you have to do your homework to see what you really want, but man let me tell ya, some of their stuff is extremely good. I figure the texas outlaw and hog wild brands are in for an upgrade soon.