PDA

View Full Version : A great place to get excals

wizard7611
02-18-2014, 11:27 PM
Hey guys! I found this great website (http://shop.poorpauls.com/) that sells excals for $48!!! I also looked around a bit and had found some zeus shells :D. The only bad things about the website is that their stock isn't large and the fact that you have to spend $150, but you save lots of money! -Just wanted to spread the word:cool:

Pyro Nation
02-20-2014, 02:38 AM
48 not that good...buy a case avg of 220 - 225 which is 6 boxes..

zmaster725
04-07-2014, 11:16 AM
Depending on your spending limit, I get mine from Jakes $158 a case of 6 thats with a minimum order of $2500

zmaster725
04-07-2014, 11:18 AM
Sad thing is with that website, the owner is at minimum doubling his money. If you are going to buy something that will benefit a dealer try to buy from one of Dave's sponsors. All the sponsors are great and I have never been less than satisfied with any of them.

Jman
04-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Sad thing is with that website, the owner is at minimum doubling his money. If you are going to buy something that will benefit a dealer try to buy from one of Dave's sponsors. All the sponsors are great and I have never been less than satisfied with any of them.

Excals are $60-$100/kit retail here in Arkansas. Wholesale is way cheaper than retail. Most retailers triple their money on consumer fireworks so doubling it is very reasonable. I looked thru his site and he is very cheap for retail. I myself sell Excal kits all day long for $79.99. Its a business and you're in business to make money, no different than walmart, jc penny, I charge whatever the market in my area demands and for me its 60-100 for excals. So $48 retail for excals is an excellent price. When you run a business there is a lot more involved than just the fireworks, its cost a lot of money to open your doors and sell fireworks to the public. By the time you pay insurance, license, permits, get set up as a company, build your buildings, take care of taxes ,get set up with a cc company, in my case we are Air conditioned and climate controlled throughout the year, advertising and the list goes on...its expensive.

zmaster725
04-07-2014, 02:46 PM
Excals are $60-$100/kit retail here in Arkansas. Wholesale is way cheaper than retail. Most retailers triple their money on consumer fireworks so doubling it is very reasonable. I looked thru his site and he is very cheap for retail. I myself sell Excal kits all day long for $79.99. Its a business and you're in business to make money, no different than walmart, jc penny, I charge whatever the market in my area demands and for me its 60-100 for excals. So $48 retail for excals is an excellent price. When you run a business there is a lot more involved than just the fireworks, its cost a lot of money to open your doors and sell fireworks to the public. By the time you pay insurance, license, permits, get set up as a company, build your buildings, take care of taxes ,get set up with a cc company, in my case we are Air conditioned and climate controlled throughout the year, advertising and the list goes on...its expensive.

I completely concur, that $48 is cheap. I sell mine for $50. I do know that there are some very passionate hobbyists spending several thousands each year and could afford wholesale or distributor pricing. If they are smart, they would look for the suppliers that have great deals regardless of purchase amount or quantity of cases. I completely agree with licensing and business costs as well. For me to lease a space in Indiana its a minimum of $3,000 for 3 weeks and as soon as you tell the utility company that you are a fireworks resaler, boom $1,000 deposit. Then there is the costs to accept credit cards and the fees behind that. All in all his prices are very cheap and I am guessing they are especially if its a dot com only business or he sells it out of his house and has no permanent location.

Jman
04-07-2014, 06:31 PM
I agree, if you are willing to drop the cash, its wholesale all the way. Yeah, the utility company is bad and insurance is even worse. My insurance cost twice what my home insurance does in a year. The reason given to me by the insurance co. is because if a fire starts it would be a total loss considerning the contents...lol. I'm looking at reducing my building and contents coverage and dropping theft just to get my insurance to an affordable level. I'd love to sell my stuff as cheap as poor pauls but like you said, there is a lot more cost involved with an actual physical site vs a web based. Yeah, CC is tough. I bounced around with several companies that really got to me on fees until last year. I got with Merchant Warehouse based in Boston Mass and they've been great. They will work with your fireworks business. I paid a one time $75 fee to get started (I already had the terminal and they reprogrammed it for me) Then instead of the normal $35-50 monthly fee for keeping the account active, they just charge me $6.95/mo. Of course I have percentage fees when the selling season roll around but they are low, most in he high 1. to low 2. range on most cards. American Express is a booger since they want to charge like 4% for their transactions....but I think they got sued and are having to change that policy. I used to buy from jakes but they got too high for me. The last excals I bought from them in 2007 were $109/case

PyroManiacs
04-07-2014, 07:42 PM
I used to buy from jakes but they got too high for me. The last excals I bought from them in 2007 were $109/case

109 a case in 2007?!? If that kind of trend continues from what it was till now and from now into the future, It will be the demise of the pyro world.

Jman
04-07-2014, 10:12 PM
Its fuel cost, fines and greed. When fuel goes up everything goes up. In 2007 fuel was still pretty cheap. Throw in the fact that jakes got in trouble for Overloads, got fined and regulated heavy and the fact they got a bit greedy and there you have it. Of all the wholesalers I've dealt with present and past, in 2007 jakes was one of the cheapest wholesalers, now they are one of the most expensive. I can buy their cakes re-wrapped by other wholesalers cheaper than I can buy them from jakes...somethings not right with that.

I bought several cases of excals for $130 each in 2010...and I didnt get them from jakes who wanted $150 for them at that time.

PyroManiacs
04-08-2014, 08:23 AM
In 2007 jakes was one of the cheapest wholesalers, now they are one of the most expensive. I can buy their cakes re-wrapped by other wholesalers cheaper than I can buy them from jakes...somethings not right with that.

I bought several cases of excals for $130 each in 2010...and I didnt get them from jakes who wanted $150 for them at that time.

It seems like there should be a way to regulate the prices within our country. Its almost like price gouging.

Example: Phantom selling 1 box of excals for 179.00
Most wholesalers sell the case for around that price or a little more.

Am I wrong for saying that there should be a price cap?

mguerra
04-08-2014, 09:32 AM
Yes you are wrong for saying there should be a price cap. If you believe in the moral superiority of liberty versus force and coercion. Which is what price controls are. In a free society, the price is paid voluntarily. You are not REQUIRED to buy Excals, at any price. You choose to. If the seller prices them too high, he won't sell enough to stay in business. His customers actually set the price by what they are willing to freely pay, he does not. The only way a price cap can work is by bringing force and coercion to bear on the seller. In your job as Display Fireworks Technician, do you believe you should be subject to a price cap? Or do you believe in liberty?

PyroManiacs
04-08-2014, 10:09 AM
Thank you for that. That totally makes sense and I understand completely now.

hokester44
04-08-2014, 09:05 PM
Yes you are wrong for saying there should be a price cap. If you believe in the moral superiority of liberty versus force and coercion. Which is what price controls are. In a free society, the price is paid voluntarily. You are not REQUIRED to buy Excals, at any price. You choose to. If the seller prices them too high, he won't sell enough to stay in business. His customers actually set the price by what they are willing to freely pay, he does not. The only way a price cap can work is by bringing force and coercion to bear on the seller. In your job as Display Fireworks Technician, do you believe you should be subject to a price cap? Or do you believe in liberty?

Don't mess with Texas :)

Jman
04-08-2014, 09:06 PM
In my store, I set a price. That does not mean its final. Since I own my store and all the product, everything is open for negotiation. I do it all the time with my customers. Some simply bring the product to the check out and pay whats on the sticker. Others ask for a better deal and that is what they get, a better deal. I want everyone who shops with me to get good high quality fireworks and I want them to feel that they are getting a good deal. Some folks do pay me 79.99 for excals but some pay only 50.00, its a simple action on the customers part of asking for a better deal. I leave it up to them to ask for a better deal. If not I assume they are happy with the price they are paying. I sell most of my normal 4/1 packed 500g cakes anywhere from 29.95 to 49.95. On the 29.95 cakes I dont have much wiggle room but on the 49.95 cakes I can usually take off an extra 5-6 bucks if the customer ask for it.

I agree with mguerra, a price cap would kill competition. In the free market a company often makes or breaks itself by its pricing although its not the only factor involved. Pricing also varies with quality and its up to the customer to recognize that no matter what the product is. No one expects to get Nike's for the price of starter shoes at walmart, nor should they expect excals for black box pricing.

PyroManiacs
04-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Very informative, Jman.

I guess its good that im learning things like this now, so in the future when im ready to open my own pyro selling adventure, Ill understand how it all works.

Mike Extreme
04-16-2014, 09:48 AM
Price cap yes or this sport or hobby of our's is going to plummet. Fuel maybe 1 of the causes but our currency is whats driving the price up.

mguerra
04-16-2014, 10:27 AM
Mike. Who will set the price cap? How and why would that person have the totalitarian authority to do so? If you set a price cap on the seller will you also set a cap on his expenses? How? You are extreme as you have no understanding of how a free market works. A price cap is a manifestation of one person FORCING their will on another person. What aspects of your life would you be willing to let me FORCE you to do?

N3OQO
04-16-2014, 08:24 PM
Personally I am amazed at how little the young folks know about the free market and how it works. Clueless.

Jman
04-17-2014, 10:49 PM
Personally I am amazed at how little the young folks know about the free market and how it works. Clueless.

My wife is a teacher. Over the past 20 years the school systems have stopped teaching our history and free thinking and replaced it with ideology and acceptance of commands. Free thinking is no longer accepted in the school systems and that is purely the federal government imposing their ideas so that we have several generations of dumbed down kids. I don't mean that they aren't smart or intelligent, I mean they have been sheltered from our true history and have been conditioned to believe that the federal government controls everyone's lives and this is an accepted reality. The feds are waiting for our generation to die off so there will be no one to oppose their oppressions upon the people of a once free and financially thriving nation. The days of I'll start a business and have a good life are over thanks to all the red tape and sanctions imposed by our government on the mom and pop small business's of the world. This is why so many young people don't realize that the United States government has been transformed into a legal theft system and its stealing the American people blind and soon we will all be broke and will no longer be able to afford nor be allowed to buy or own Excal's or anything considered as Explosive!

PyroManiacs
04-18-2014, 08:16 AM
Very scary!

N3OQO
04-18-2014, 09:15 AM
Well said jman

my wife is a teacher. Over the past 20 years the school systems have stopped teaching our history and free thinking and replaced it with ideology and acceptance of commands. Free thinking is no longer accepted in the school systems and that is purely the federal government imposing their ideas so that we have several generations of dumbed down kids. I don't mean that they aren't smart or intelligent, i mean they have been sheltered from our true history and have been conditioned to believe that the federal government controls everyone's lives and this is an accepted reality. The feds are waiting for our generation to die off so there will be no one to oppose their oppressions upon the people of a once free and financially thriving nation. The days of i'll start a business and have a good life are over thanks to all the red tape and sanctions imposed by our government on the mom and pop small business's of the world. This is why so many young people don't realize that the united states government has been transformed into a legal theft system and its stealing the american people blind and soon we will all be broke and will no longer be able to afford nor be allowed to buy or own excal's or anything considered as explosive!

Jman
04-19-2014, 03:33 PM
Just for the record. Both my wife and myself find the tactics imposed by the feds upon the school systems to be digusting, immoral and un-American! My wife rarely teaches the children any longer, she spends half of her days filling out and filing reports on each individual child to the state department. Our teachers are no longer allowed to teach the children anything and that should scare all of us. Sorry for derailing the thread a bit, but fireworks and freedom go together like bread and butter, they were meant for each other and intended for all of us to enjoy.

AZ Pyro
04-19-2014, 03:59 PM
$48 is a great deal, not everyone is into putting on a performance for the children of the night. Most just wanna buy some stuff and light it off in front of their house. I get em in Lordsburg for $49 and am quite happy with that.

N3OQO
04-19-2014, 07:06 PM
It seems like there should be a way to regulate the prices within our country. Its almost like price gouging.

Example: Phantom selling 1 box of excals for 179.00
Most wholesalers sell the case for around that price or a little more.

Am I wrong for saying that there should be a price cap?

There is a way to regulate prices, free market and consumers. I am pulling away from Mr. Purple, regulate with your wallet. Once they figure out they are losing customers, believe me it will change.

Jman
04-20-2014, 02:24 PM
There is a way to regulate prices, free market and consumers. I am pulling away from Mr. Purple, regulate with your wallet. Once they figure out they are losing customers, believe me it will change.

Absolutely!

N3OQO
04-22-2014, 07:35 PM
Now I see Mr. Purple is trying another angle. Buy 259 in product and get 200 worth of 500g repeaters or reloadables free. Regulate with your wallet!!!!

pyromustang
04-23-2014, 11:04 AM
You will spend least $5000+ rent just to open a retail fireworks store. $50.000 to $150.000 in fireworks every year.
if you own the building than you have taxes/gas water electric insurance ect ect ect.than you have a year like 2012 when all fireworks were banned here in indiana.

Ok. you can make a lot of money on fireworks but in 2012 i seen a lot of retail stores that lost evertyhing they had. I will be at Jakes demo in ky this saturday buying fireworks for 2014

Digitalboomer
05-02-2014, 09:58 AM
Mike Killians in South Pittsburg, TN has Excals for $30.00 a box, no minimum required.

Zach27
05-08-2014, 06:59 AM
I have visited Poor Paul's numerous times they have outstanding prices for the retail market!!!

Blackdevil77
06-21-2014, 01:00 PM
48 not that good...buy a case avg of 220 - 225 which is 6 boxes..

Where is this? I bought a case for $330??? Where are you guys finding these awesome deals on excals? Anybody find good deals on the AR-15 shells?

PyroManiacs
06-21-2014, 01:32 PM
Word is.... The Demon shells are better!

magnetic pyro
06-21-2014, 09:49 PM
Where is this? I bought a case for $330??? Where are you guys finding these awesome deals on excals? Anybody find good deals on the AR-15 shells?

damm way to much were did you pay that ?

magnetic pyro
06-21-2014, 09:51 PM
i paid almost half that for a case of 6

CafreakinBOOM
06-21-2014, 11:19 PM
In Vancouver Washington you can get Excals July 28 and 29th for 35 after the first 45 and up 60 average. July 5th 35

You need to shop around buy off season.

There are many canister shells out. I love the Excals HDP Mortars.

rtx440
06-22-2014, 10:07 PM
I got a case. Guy had old stock , the old excel kits without the reinforced tubes. I paid just under $30 a box. Deals are there just gota look. I love seeing what some stores want for a box of em. Its crazy. Although I did pay $75 for the newer box of excals too. He wouldn't separate the old stock ( I needed another box and I was already there lol)

zmaster725
06-22-2014, 10:56 PM

Ok,these Ar15 shells, who knows about them? I picked up a case when I picked up the rest of my order from jakes. The effects font on the shell itself is identical to the excals making me believe they are a rewrapped excal. Give me some feedback please.

jknepp1954
06-22-2014, 11:03 PM
plain and simple - THEY ARE EXCALS!

jknepp1954
06-23-2014, 08:37 AM
Cutting Edge has a series of EXCAL rewraps (btw - these are all actual excals - just with the CE label)
AR15 - packed 3/30
Shooter - packed 4/18
Firearm - packed 6/12
Kneppy's fireworks has these all for sale

Blackdevil77
06-23-2014, 08:49 AM
damm way to much were did you pay that ?

Pocono Fireworks or "Fireworks Outlet" in Tannersville. I actually thought that was decent when I saw phantom asking 180 PER KIT!

magnetic pyro
06-23-2014, 10:53 PM
Pocono Fireworks or "Fireworks Outlet" in Tannersville. I actually thought that was decent when I saw phantom asking 180 PER KIT!

yeah i been in that store before lol you learned your lesson never go there again. Those border stores are for pepole who dont really know fireworks only buy fireworks for the 4th. Hell they even have a big sighn soon the second you cross into to pa on rt 80. but yeah why dont you try one of this sites sponsor like dave.

Pyro-Junkie
06-23-2014, 11:45 PM
If you are near tannersville or blakeslee pa stop by Badaboom fireworks. They cary excals , ar15s, and their own line called demon shells witch are quite outstanding! I think its time for the pepsi chalange lol
they also do wholesale orders at the blakeslee location

magnetic pyro
06-24-2014, 09:08 AM
yeah i been in that store before lol you learned your lesson never go there again. Those border stores are for pepole who dont really know fireworks only buy fireworks for the 4th. Hell they even have a big sighn soon the second you cross into to pa on rt 80. but yeah why dont you try one of this sites sponsor like dave.

sorry was a typo I meant one of Daves sponsors like joyce is what I meant to say

Marine pyro
07-12-2014, 07:48 PM
I can buy them in New Hampshire at stateline fireworks for 49.99 and a little less at case prices.