PDA

View Full Version : Canister shells

N3OQO
02-13-2014, 06:18 PM
I'm going to make my first trip to WFboom, and I am looking for some opinions on their canister shells. I am leaning more towards their 'Electric Rain' shells. Most of the reviews I have read rate them pretty well, with one or two saying they did things like lift a few feet and go off. Of course I am looking for the best lift, break and at the prices. If you have used them, let me know what you think. Thanks!

PGH_Pyro
02-14-2014, 03:36 AM
They are not the best but they're ok . They're priced a bit high for what they are, imo but Phantom is even more expensive(but a better selection of can shells @ Phantom ).
The colors in E.R. are interesting. I have always noticed the hues are different than most other can shells.
I do like W.F. for their over-all range of product and it's always fun to make the road-trip up there and grab some stuff of the new and the old familiar cakes and items .

N3OQO
02-14-2014, 09:02 AM
What's the best canister shell out there for the money PGH?

N3OQO
02-14-2014, 09:27 AM
I've never tried Excal's, but Phantoms price is insane for em. I wish someone had them by the case at a reasonable price.

PGH_Pyro
02-14-2014, 01:49 PM
Joyce has a better selection of can. shells if you are able to make the drive to her shop during her demo/shoot weekend in May .
She has some of the best. Everyone here will tell you that .
WFboom just has the 1 brand - the E.R. that i'm aware of .
I don't recommend anyone go to Phantom. You'll just get fleeced .
Sometimes you will see Zeus can shells, various brown-wrapped "pro-shells" (copies of Bigs Pro Shells/Exterminator) that are good to have / shoot . Buy those if you ever see 'em .

mguerra
02-15-2014, 04:50 PM
Electric Rain are good cans, not quite the equal of Excalibur but close. If you are going to WFB anyway and this is your one chance to get cans, get them. If you can afford to, the discount is 40% at the $1200.00 level and that makes them a better deal. 35% at the $600.00 level and 30% at the $300.00 level. Those discounts are good through March 1. The best price I can find on Excalibur is $1.56/ shell by the case. ER are $1.51/ shell if you can get the 40% discount. Even at the 30% level you get them for $1.78/ shell, not bad. Full price they are $2.54 each so it pays to spend at least $300.00 and get a discount.

PGH_Pyro
02-15-2014, 07:41 PM
I forgot to add that Kellner's has their 'Bomblastic' can shells that they debuted a couple years ago.
A really nice boom to them and a nice even spherical break from what I recall.
I don't know if they will be as good this year since the first year things are out, they tend to be the best version but they're worth grabbing a case of if you make it up to Kellner's shoot/demo, next month .
I believe Dave has a video of Bomblastic shells in action .

PyroManiacs
02-19-2014, 06:04 PM
I love the E-rains and would choose them over Excals any day.

They are the only cans I use.

Dont forget.... the quality of cans vary year to year.