PDA

View Full Version : My ATF Inspection

displayfireworks1
02-04-2014, 08:52 PM
I had a routine inspection by the ATF, the inspection is coinciding with the year my Type 54 is up for renewal. I was able to find my receipts and permits. I would be interested to hear if other states are requiring license holders to sign the extra agreement outlined in my video. The reason for the second agreement is they are finding people storing 1.3 products at locations that are not permitted. I suspect this extra paper is something unique to Pennsylvania. Since Pennsylvania is the highest ATF licensed state in United States, the changes of someone doing something wrong also goes up, as the numbers go up.
This is an unlisted video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbjDR1_vFZI

PyroJoeNEPA
02-05-2014, 09:16 AM
I had my inspection back in November. The only "snag" I ran into with my paperwork was that they requested I provide a current Letter of Contingency since the one I had was three years old. Not a big deal--the agent just said to have the company I shoot for & have storage with email it to their office.

displayfireworks1
02-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Same here Joe, they now want updated contingency every three years now. Seem like years ago they just would want contingency at the time of the license renewal which is every fours years I believe. I try to convince my 1.3 advertisers to have the contingency on their website. Some do and so don't. The ones that do not will give it to you if you send them an email. In return they may want your contact information to send you their product list. Most of the 1.3 distributors are using a software package the ATF seems to like, it is an advantage for us also. For example, Lynch Imports was able to email me a copy of my purchase history over the last three years on less than a 24 hour notice. I did this to verify my records but could have easily printed them.
Be prepared is keyed, I have a combo fax/printer so I can easily send receive fax and make a copy of something. I would also recommend to copy something if you see the inspector writing something. People in the 1.3 business are following a different set of cooperation recommendations, they may not be so eager to let the inspector see everything. I believe for our general purposes as hobbyist most of this is not a problem.