PDA

View Full Version : consumer fireworks effects etc

Zenith
01-30-2014, 03:21 PM
Hi,

Lately a lot of consumer multi shot cakes have some sort of crackling effect to it. Don't get me wrong I love the crackling effect but feel that its starting to get a bit manotnes. They should add an effects description located somewhere on the actual multi shot cake item. like some reloadable shells kits will have some sort of description on the side of the box. I find on most store websites they will post a fast description next to the picture of there items that they are selling.But it will be nice to have it on the products as well. Sort of the way they have it on some class b products. This way it will be a little easier to choreograph and set up shows according to what type of firework you choose to launch.

Westpapyro
01-30-2014, 10:37 PM
Lots of company's already do have that info on package, it is becoming more standard every year, IMO.

jknepp1954
01-31-2014, 08:26 AM
Lots of company's already do have that info on package, it is becoming more standard every year, IMO.
even though most cakes have effects description on pkg - they are alot of times just a generic way of saying what effects are - we have even found some to be totally different in effects than what the description says! :rolleyes:
"shoots flaming balls with reports!" - LMAO! sorry - i just could not resist!!! :cool: ;)

PyroJoeNEPA
01-31-2014, 11:49 AM
"shoots flaming balls with reports!"

I've seen a lot of cakes like that---but I haven't seen any labeled "blows tubes apart shooting colored flaming balls at spectators & burns on ground emitting sparks and smoke" yet....manufactured by Did Sum Dung Fireworks Factory. :p:rolleyes:

tinymagget
04-18-2014, 02:19 PM
Hi, AFW brand gives a performance report on the product. Of course the videos help but some are not 100% true. Testing and more testing is the only way to plan a show. I've been doing that since February. Keeping accurate notes after each test is important. If I could only read my writing. lol

wizard7611
04-18-2014, 03:24 PM
"shoots flaming balls with reports!" - LMAO! sorry - i just could not resist!!! :cool: ;)
Yeah, sometimes the cakes don't give you the effects. But if you don't know what it is (fountain, cake, color pearl cake, or a comet cake with a girandola in it), your only luck is by reading the warning label. :cool:

-Although, I wish companies would list effects of each pyrotechnic device on their websites so you know what you're buying.

Pyro@Mach13
04-18-2014, 05:01 PM
wikifireworks.com to the rescue, when this is up and running full time it will be a great tool for just what you ask about Zenith.

PyroManiacs
04-18-2014, 08:33 PM
Although, I wish companies would list effects of each pyrotechnic device on their websites so you know what you're buying.

Im sure at some point this will happen. This industry is growing more popular every year, many people will be wanting to buy specific products with a show in mind. Word will get around and kind of work like feedback to the sellers, which will be taken back to the manufacturer.

So it seems, anyway.