PDA

View Full Version : Looking for any and all help from Type 54 permit holders from New York!

gunner1
01-21-2014, 06:56 PM
I really want this year to be the year that I get my Type 54 but living in NY I know it isn't as straightforward as say Pennsylvania. If there's anyone here from NY that has their Type 54 and wouldn't mind "holding my hand" through the application process, I'd be VERY grateful! Thanks! :o

CTPYRO
01-23-2014, 05:29 PM
While I'm not a NY Resident, but here in CT there are somethings we have in common and that both states are not fireworks friendly. The 54 will only allow you to purchase 1.3, but you will still have to obtain all the proper permits and Insurance if your going to be putting on a show. The other part will be storage and that must be within 100 miles of the shoot site. I'm a member of the NHPA and will probably getting contingency through the club so that I can purchase 1.3 and also will be looking into the CDL/Hazmat as well. Not sure what the regs are on transporting 1.3 across statelines since everyone seems to have a different opinion on it. I've heard as long as your not in commerce ( meaning your not in the business of pyrotechnics ) then your fine while some have said otherwise. Better to at least have the BATF license though just in case. Joining a club like the NHPA has certainly been helpful to me as well as working shows for pyro engineering. I'd really start there first esp if you've never shot 1.3 before. Hope this helps

Scott

Pyro Nation
01-23-2014, 08:54 PM
in NY.... To obtain the 54 you need to either have your name associated with a magazine or get contingency storage in PA or somewhere outside the state.. Be like I am only going to shoot in PA..blah blah blah...

Once you get your 54 you still can not shoot in NY for fact you will not get a permit without the rest of NY list of items needed.

Like Shooter Competency test, you need also NY own and posses just to be able to touch the firework, insurance is a must...think 1 mill or more....