View Full Version : 2014 PGI Display Operators Safety Courses

uncrichie
01-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Hi everybody, I'm looking to take the Safety Course this year and I know they start in early spring. By chance does anyone have any dates and locations for a course in the eastern part of the state (PA)? Many thanks. Kurt

PyroJoeNEPA
01-05-2014, 04:46 PM
If you are on the east side of the state:
Celebration Fireworks has one each year around the time of their demo also. They usually are the first weekend in May.

Kellners will be hosting one on Thursday & Saturday at their demo weekend... April 10 & 12th. This is "unofficial" at this point in time--keep an eye out for details in the very near future.
It is a drive for us "east PA" guys, but a bunch of us make the trip--and stop at Kneppys on the way out. Can't get too much fireworks!!!

Wouldn't be a bad idea to call either--or both--places to see what you can find out.

If you are going to Kellners demo--look me up. I'll be there on Thursday for sure--don't know about Fri & Sat yet.

I won't make it to Kemps [Celebration Fireworks] Their demo is usually the same day as Kneppys...which I will be going to.
BTW--where in eastern PA are you? I'm in the Mount Carmel/Ashland area.

displayfireworks1
01-05-2014, 08:24 PM
You say you are the eastern part of Pennsylvania. You should respond to the post from Zach looking to add new people onto his professional fireworks displays near the Harrisburg Pa area. Once you take a PGI approved shooter course, you will need to work a few displays before you get your certificate. Either way the Pyrotechnic Guild International shooter training is the way to go. The fireworks club called "The Crackerjacks" also has some events in that part of Pennsylvania.
Here is my video of the PGI course from Kellner Fireworks demo nights in 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TShcdk2_wOs

uncrichie
01-07-2014, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the replys fellas. Joe I'm in the Southeast corner in Delaware County. Celebration sounds like it would be the closest for me. I'll keep an eye on the Celebration website for dates. DF1 I'm primarily interested in the familiarization and safety portion of the course. Not sure if I will pursue the certification portion right now. I enjoyed watching the video it was quite informative. Thanks, Kurt