PDA

View Full Version : Quick!!! I need a repair idea!

Firework Crazy
12-31-2013, 12:03 PM
I discovered that a mortar in a 500 is decently loose. Could use some advice on how to secure it. Thanks.

Firework Crazy
12-31-2013, 12:13 PM
Thought that I could cut a section of cardboard off the top outer box and rap all of them tightly but not to tight.

displayfireworks1
12-31-2013, 12:41 PM
If the audience is close do not shoot it. If you have clearance if it goes sideways you can try to tape it. I would be bet the whole thing will fall part if one is lose. It is up to you.

Firework Crazy
12-31-2013, 12:48 PM
If the audience is close do not shoot it. If you have clearance if it goes sideways you can try to tape it. I would be bet the whole thing will fall part if one is lose. It is up to you.
Deleting it from the show probably is the right idea..but it's one of BIGs' brown label - a good product

mguerra
12-31-2013, 04:40 PM
Shoot it off for your own pleasure one day when you have plenty of space, non-flammable conditions, and no one else around. I would remove it from the show. That's what I do when I get a cake that seems less than perfect. Or a shell or anything else, for that matter.

Firework Crazy
01-01-2014, 04:45 AM
Used some quick drying gorilla glue. It shot of normally:)

pyroM!KE
01-03-2014, 06:02 PM
I have used hot glue with great success.Youll need the larger hot glue gun though that uses the large sticks.You can really gob it on real good with larger gun.Also you could entirely remove the tube itself and attach a fuse to the next tube in line.Nothing wrong with repairing fireworks.You just gotta know what your doing..I have got some great deals buying fireworks because of loose tubes, damaged packaging, ect ect.....

boomboomtime
01-03-2014, 07:44 PM
I discovered that a mortar in a 500 is decently loose. Could use some advice on how to secure it. Thanks.

liquid nail will do the ,good luck.