PDA

View Full Version : Office Party Show

mguerra
12-23-2013, 12:56 AM
I put on a show Friday night at a local golf course driving range. The manager there is a buddy of mine, it's a small town, Comfort, Texas with no fireworks laws. It was for my office staff and anyone else who could come. My video was less than perfect, I forgot to turn on the external mike, and had an inadequate capacity data card. I got most of the show but not all of it. I will say for anyone who wants the info, I used a Canon EOS 7D on a tripod, EF-S 10-22 lens, white balance on daylight, f5.6, ISO 1250, manual focus on infinity, shutter speed 1/30, full HD mode, 24 fps. I had to be pretty far back to get the full tops of the breaks of the Excalibur shells in frame, so the cakes don't fill the frame. The basic set up was alternating cakes with racks of Excalibur. Most of the cakes were set up as doubles, one left and one right, set to go on the same cue. There were a couple of triples also, with center, left, and right cakes on one cue; and a few single cakes on centerline. The whole thing was set up to go on automated sequence, I made my best estimate of the effect timing and fuse timing for all the cakes and mortar racks; and programmed it in to the Sequencefire 32. A couple of the racks blew their fuses out before they finished firing all the shells, I think I know how that happened. So here is the link to the so-so video…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-MhYNVtSk0