PDA

View Full Version : Snow on fire?

jaybee003
12-17-2013, 09:00 PM
GREAT! Now that I have your attention I have a serious question. I am doing a show at my father-in-laws for new year. Everything is Class-C Mostly 500g Cakes. As this is only the 2nd "real" show I have done my question is about Firefighters. I know Dave recommends always given em a call, is this necessary in the snow covered grounds of MI? Anyone else shoot in the snow? What should I be prepared for, other than being cold. Thoughts / Insight. THANKS!

mguerra
12-18-2013, 01:11 AM
If there is snow on the ground you won't get a grass fire obviously but be sure there are no flammable roofs around, hay bales, anything at all that could light up. I'm doing a shoot Friday night on very short grass and we are just assigning three or four folks with fire extinguishers to be on fire safety crew. Not calling the VFD this time. You just have to judge the fire risk each time you shoot.

Firework Crazy
12-18-2013, 01:51 AM
Here's the thing about a snowy environment. Other than the obvious...in pure winter none of that cold rain stuff...the air as you know is very dry. If a cake decided that it wanted to tip over and fire into a patch of dry leaves not covered or what ever, it could ketch. Apart from that don't worry about it.

jaybee003
12-18-2013, 11:33 AM
Great that's what I assumed.... but you know what they say when you assume.... "sometimes you can be wrong"

hachirouku86
12-18-2013, 07:14 PM
Does anybody know that rolling thunder pyro still exist?