PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Master Video Update

displayfireworks1
12-14-2013, 11:09 PM
Just a quick update, I am working on the rocket master video from the Pyrotechnic Guild International convention 2013, amazingly this video will be over two hours long starting with the seminar presentation and ending with the rocket display. The problem I am having is getting good video of the audience perspective of the rockets. Someone sent me a QuickTime clip and I am unable to convert it to mpeg or avi. Is there a free program to convert QuickTime to mpeg? I have permission to grab a YouTube clip , however I do not know of a free program that captures YouTube clips. My video of the rockets is too close but I may have to use it. I am hoping to finish this video soon.
Here is short unlisted clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vtfMLQwwco

PuroJon
12-15-2013, 11:42 AM
I use Premiere Pro for video editing and it can convert them as part of the rendering process. If you'd like to email me the clip I'd be happy to convert and return it to you. But there are more than a few QT->Mp4 converters out there; including Quicktime Pro.

Might want to look at the "PlayLater" demo for capturing YouTube videos. I use WM Capture (pay $ app) and PlayLater to grab source video from most any streaming source. No need to convert if you capture it in a native format that works for you.

PyroJoeNEPA
12-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Dave, you can use YouTubeDownloader to download videos from YouTube. Here's the download link:
http://www.ytddownloader.com/download.html
It also allows you to rip the audio file from the video & keep it as an MP3 file. I use this to rip the audio I need for pyromusicals as well as downloading the audio from Beemp3 which also is a free download site.
Prism Video File Converter from NCH Software is another nice conversion program--but the free demo doesn't allow you to convert files--just cut clips together. The full version is $50.00.
Hope this helps! Looking forward to seeing Tom's awesome display again. The 4x reversing spiral header was incredible--as was all of his creations!!!

displayfireworks1
12-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Thanks everyone for your response.
Joe I used the one you recommended, when you install it you have the option not to download the other stuff you do not want . I have the video finished. It is going to take along time to load and there may be errors with a file that large. The video is 30GB and over two and half hours. LOL. It is always hard for me to make short videos. I wanted to do a good job for Tom, he told me he really enjoying reading the comments on the rocket videos. Mike made a video for Tom and also gave me permission to use this clip below. This will be used for the audience view portion of my video. Tom is supposed to send me the narrative details of the display and I will post it all here. The problem is Tom is not good at typing or computers. If someone has the information please post it.
Here is the video that will part of mine also. Copied with permission

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwh_eRafL08

displayfireworks1
12-15-2013, 04:39 PM
I will probably release the video out in some form of unlisted first, before public. On a side note when I release these unlisted videos on the forums, there are two people that try to sabotage the video by various methods including giving the video thumbs down within one hour after it post and only has a few ratings. If you look over time at the unlisted videos this has remained consistent. I will let you guess where to look for the likely suspects. I am going to expose them if it continues. There is group of people that has consistently used various methods to slow my progress in pyrotechnics, and its not the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives. I may have to email the video to registered members.

VikingPyrotechnics
12-20-2013, 05:11 PM
The best video i have seen so far of his 2013 rockets :-)
Thanks for that... he is my favorite rocket builder :D
Greets
VP

displayfireworks1
12-24-2013, 09:37 AM
I am getting ready to post the Rocket Master Video both on the forums and publicly. I decided since it involves making fireworks rockets it would be best to post it in the Fireworks Manufacturing section. Please look for it there.