PDA

View Full Version : Type 54 almost done

Engalwood
11-30-2013, 11:23 AM
I just want to thank Dave for the help and the help of a few other pyro fellas and gals out there for the help. I have everything together and will be sending my paperwork out next week. I am super excited and cant wait to join the "big boy club" (HAHA). I'm not gonna count on it but hope to get everything complete by the new year so I can a little show. Ill keep every one posted on the progress.

josereyn74
12-17-2013, 07:12 PM
I sent my application in at the end of Sep, but haven't heard anything from them yet. I contacted the main ATF office and they said they forwarded it to the local office at the beginning of Oct. but... I think the stupid government shut down slowed things down quite a bit. Best of luck to you though!!!

displayfireworks1
12-17-2013, 08:11 PM
Look when they cashed your payment and go 90 days from there and write that date down. Having that information in hand call the Louisville Kentucky ATF Industrial Operations Field Office at the number below. I will include the Lexington Kentucky number also but chances are the Louisville office is handling your application. When you call you can ask to talk to the supervisor or an ATF Industrial Inspector. Remember do not call these guys ATF Agents they don't like that. Subtlety tell them you are approaching the 90 day mark on your application and you would like a decision. DO NOT voluntarily agree to any extension past the 90 day period. The government was not shut down that dam long. They can work overtime like the rest of us to get the job done.

Louisville II Field Office (Industry Operations)

Area Supervisor

600 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Place, Room 500

Louisville,
Kentucky
USA

Voice (502) 753-3500

Fax (502) 753-3501

Lexington II Field Office (Industry Operations)

Area Supervisor

1040 Monarch Street, Suite 250

Lexington,
Kentucky
USA

Voice (859) 219-4508

Fax (859) 219-4516
http://pix.epodunk.com/locatorMaps/ky/KY_4134.gif
http://pix.epodunk.com/locatorMaps/ky/KY_4119.gif

josereyn74
12-28-2013, 07:03 PM
I've tried calling the local office and sent an email (so that way I can at least say I have something in writing.) I don't know if I catch them at wrong times but the times I've called no one picked up :confused: Anyone run into situations or heard of situations where it's gone over the 90 days? And if I go over, what happens then?

displayfireworks1
12-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Did you obtain the date your check was processed by the ATF? What is that date? Did you leave a message when the phone rings and ask you to leave a massage? My guess is the secretary that usually answers the phone is off work for the holidays.

josereyn74
12-28-2013, 08:16 PM
they charged my cc on Sep. 26, so technically speaking they are already late, unless you count by business days. I did leave messages, but I'm thinking the same as you that the secretary is out.

displayfireworks1
12-28-2013, 09:59 PM
If my calculations are correct Christmas Day was the 90th day. Call again on Monday and if you have to leave a message again this time leave a detailed message. The message should include all the facts we talked about. Hello my name is_______ I applied for Type 54 license and according to my records the ATF processed my application AND payment on September 26, 2013. According to my information a decision on my application should have occurred in the 90 day period once my application was processed. I have not heard anything. I believe it is now past due as of December 25, 2013. I am requesting to receive my license. Please contact me at ...your number.
The ATF has the ability to grant you a temporary license, if they offer that to you take it even if you do not need it. Tell them you may need it so it will be good to have it.
If you do not hear from them by January 6, 2014 send me a email with your FULL information including at least the last four of your Social Security Number, phone number , included all the dates. The next time I will be free to contact them will be January 9th. I will contact them on your behalf if you give me permission to do so. I went through a similar situation in Ohio and Maine and was successful on both. Should all of this be denied, on appeal the lateness of the decision will be in your favor.
Send the email before January 9th to pyrotalk@gmail.com
Of course if you hear from them please let us know.
Here is where you application is the Federal Building in Louisville Kentucky. LOL
http://www.davidci.com/wp-content/uploads/mazzoli-1.jpg