PDA

View Full Version : A message to 1.3 fireworks distributors in USA

displayfireworks1
11-25-2013, 11:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9YPCV5lnA0
This video is a message to 1.3 fireworks distributors in United States. As the backyard fireworks hobbyist advances into the 1.3 category more products will need developed to accommodate them. In addition to watching my video please read the comments below. I am hoping this feedback will result in some great new 1.3 products.
I posted this video on my YouTube channel with hopes that people in the 1.3 business will read the comments. If you follow the video to my YouTube you will be able to see the comments.

Matt
11-26-2013, 10:50 AM
I am guessing all the 1.3 distributors already have their orders in for next season. It is not like they can just order chains of 1.75" shells. Most are at the mercy of whatever China puts on the price list to order from.

Also, I wouldn't want to be bringing those in because you know that small stuff is going to get in the hands of those without a license eventually. It will all track back to who imported them and be a big headache. Whoever imports has their name on the case and the shell.

Just for fun, what price would you want to pay for a case of 1.75 chained salutes? Say 15 chains of 10 for 150 total shells. I don't even know for sure how it would be packaged.

CTPYRO
11-26-2013, 04:39 PM
I'd love to see some 1.3 Vendors here in the New England area....

displayfireworks1
11-26-2013, 07:01 PM
At Matt
How much would I pay? I’m goin to give you like.. five dolla for it. LOL. Price is whatever the market will pay, it should be priced less than a finale string of 2.5 inch shells. I know Lynch Imports sells the single shot 1.75 canister salutes however; he may call them 2-inch salutes. I was trying to find the price and I could not, I am not sure, if he has those listed. If the 1.75-inch finale is not canister shells, I do not believe it will sell well. The 1.75 ball salute can only physically hold a limited amount of powder. Moreover, I was told when those small ball salutes are made they do not fill both halves; they only fill one of the two hemispheres.
As far as these items ending up in the black market, the chances of a finale string of canister salutes will be less likely to end up there as opposed to a single shot salute item. I really do not know but I would be willing to speculate most 1.3 in the black market starts out as a legal purchase by an ATF license holder. What responsibility does a 1.3 fireworks distributor have if one of his legal sales makes it into the black market? We will need an attorney to answer that one. Also, note many people that sell 1.3 fireworks have LLC in the title of their company. LLC = Limited Liability Company.

Matt
11-26-2013, 07:56 PM
I don't think you will get them cheaper than a 2.5" chain and it might actually be higher than some of the cheap 2.5" chains that are available. Those 2.5" chains are all ball shells that can be spun on the machine in no time. The canisters will likely take longer to make and that would drive up your costs. Look at the 1.4 shells. The 60g canister isn't anywhere near as cheap as the ball shell.

I completely understand what it means to be an LLC. That doesn't mean anything to the alphabet agencies that will come knocking when they trace something back to you. Even if you sold it legit at first you still get the headache of them coming outside of your normal inspection asking questions. The less you have them looking through your stuff the better off you will be. They can always find something wrong no matter how good of records you keep. This small stuff just gets out into the public where it shouldn't too easy. That is probably one of the main reasons you don't see many distributors of 1.75 salutes and the small bore roman candles that you want. There are plenty of companies that sell 1.3, but only a handful that carry this small stuff. There is obviously a reason for it. I agree, they are fun, but it isn't worth the hassle for the distributor for the little margin they will make on them.

OverKill
12-01-2013, 03:28 AM
I have to say DF1, the USB program would be next level in fireworks. Having a 1.3G license, and being able to show a consumer of what there show would look like, takes alot of guess work out of it. I could see it moving things along much more efficiently. It could also have suggested songs with each program to choreoghraph to. Nice idea. I best get those videos, and get my license.