PDA

View Full Version : TRACA in the USA

PyroJoeNEPA
11-11-2013, 10:47 PM
Here is a Traca we shot at a recent pyro club shoot. Unfortunately, as with many things pyro--it did not function 100% properly. Half way down the length it blew the quick match apart. So, we had to wait a while, re-fuse it & light it the second time. Also, there was a time delay on the last salute & the video was stopped before the "big one" went off. All the salutes fired & you can see the massive amount of smoke it produced. These salutes used a mixture of 90% standard flash & 10% Blue Aluminum flash.

The length of the Tracta was 25 meters--just over 75 feet with the last salute an additional 15 feet away. You can see the salutes were staggered left & right of the main feeder quick match on the ground to prevent it from blowing out--but it still did about half way down the line.

Special thanks to Pyroliffic [Rob] for video taping this & posting it on his You Tube page for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBKq53Aqtxk

PyroJoeNEPA
11-11-2013, 10:53 PM
The way the video is cut together you will see the first part of the Traca going off, then --what was done before it was lit--a walk down of the entire length of the unit--then the second half [minus the final ground salute]. Sorry!!! But it was great in spite of the "technical difficulties"!!!

jknepp1954
11-12-2013, 12:21 AM
i really enjoyed that in spite of the technical difficulties! :D Thanks again for sharing that day!

displayfireworks1
11-14-2013, 09:52 AM
Nice professional looking work on this project.

PGH_Pyro
11-16-2013, 06:12 PM
those were impressive . nice low booms and bright flashes .

PyroJoeNEPA
11-16-2013, 09:08 PM
Nice professional looking work on this project.

Thanks, Dave. Lots of clove hitches there!!:)

smilli
11-25-2013, 05:36 PM
Great stuff Joe, u might consider hanging it up next time.

PyroJoeNEPA
11-25-2013, 07:33 PM
Great stuff Joe, u might consider hanging it up next time.
We had a very limited amount of time on the site so putting up poles to hang it was not possible. As it was, we had to wait at the shoot site until the local fire company burned off the dry grass & wet everything down. Our actual shoot time was a two hour window--I wanted to fire it as soon as we could before it got dark---we had an hour of shooting & then it poured down rain! Typical Pyro day I guess.
We have another club shoot in the spring & I am planning on a small Mascleta--complete with aerial salutes & salute cakes. I did one earlier this year but had issues with my firing system. So hopefully the next one will be "off the ground" & "in the air". I will post video of it when the time comes.

Also--these salutes were 90% standard flash & 10% Blue Aluminum flash.
You asked once if the blue aluminum flash produced less smoke: In a small salute with only the blue flash you have to add some black powder to get enough "fire" for it to detonate. With the smoke from the BP--it is hard to say if there is more or less smoke with the blue aluminum. I don't really see much difference--