PDA

View Full Version : shoot site headlamp

mguerra
10-30-2013, 05:55 PM
When shooting at night I like to use a headlamp. Your hands are free and you can see what you are doing. I distribute them to all my helpers as well. I prefer to use the Princeton Tec Remix with the red lamp option. By using the red light you don't disrupt your night vision. It doesn't blind you if you look at your remotes, cue sheets and so on. Remix comes in several versions, one of which includes both white and red lamps, you select which color you want with the switch. This is the one I refer to, I get them on Amazon. I also keep one in the car at all times, (Saturday night I had to fix a flat tire in the pitch black!) and I keep one on my bedside table, the red light doesn't blind me or disturb my wife if I need to get up. Also great for astronomy nights outside with your telescope.

PuroJon
10-30-2013, 08:49 PM
Good tip. We use them too but couldn't find (cheap) ones that had a red lamp option. So we stopped by a local stage/play theater and asked if they had any scrap red gels. They gave us (free) a messed up red lighting gel piece about 1-foot square. Then we cut it into circles to stick under the lens of cheap LED flashlights, and cut pieces to tape over the lens on $6 headlamps from WallyWorld.

mguerra
10-31-2013, 12:10 AM
Those gels are good to put on your flash unit of your DSLR camera also, when you want to add a color effect to your photos.

PyroJoeNEPA
10-31-2013, 08:19 AM
If anyone is in need of red gel material to do this, let me know. I have a bunch of it & would gladly send you a piece. Just send me a PM.