PDA

View Full Version : Win a free pyrotalk T-shirt

displayfireworks1
09-29-2013, 08:20 PM
Win a free pyrotalk T-shirt, contest is open to everyone you do not need to be a member of the pyrotalk forums to enter. Winner will be picked by random drawing Friday October 4 , 2013. If you do not win the contest, you are eligible for free shipping on a pyrotalk T-shirt just for entering.
Please submit you answer to the following two questions. Mail your answer to pyrotalk@gmail.com

Questions
1. Who owns the domain pyrotalk (dot) net
2. Who owns the domain pyrotalk (dot) org

Please do not post your answers on the forums; winner of the contest will be contacted for mailing information. Winner of the contest will be anonymous. To be eligible for free shipping offer, T-shirt must be ordered within one week of entering contest by sending an email to pyrotalk@gmail.com. T-Shirt sizes are small to XXL. Thank you for entering and best of luck to everyone.
http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/vRiCp-X3i78/maxresdefault.jpg
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/j68Zy1xQZXk/maxresdefault.jpg

supermofunk8
10-04-2013, 02:07 AM
quick question could you do a video on setting up and firing 10-12 shells i think it would be a interesting video!

smilli
10-05-2013, 07:57 AM
To bad i did not have time to check the forum last couple of days:(
Very kind that you are doing this kind of give away's Dave!

displayfireworks1
10-05-2013, 10:07 AM
The contest is over and I sent an email to the winner. I picked the winner with a random number generator and sent an email to that person. As stated, the contest response and winner would be anonymous. Surprisingly there were four not eligible responses. Thanks to everyone that responded. If you responded to this contest and did not win you are still eligible to receive free shipping on a pyrotalk T-Shirt to size XXL (this includes you even if your answer was wrong). Send me an email with your size and mailing information to pyrotalk@gmail and I will send you a PayPal for $9.95. A few people from outside of USA responded and this includes you. Please send me an email using your same email account as your response.
One respondent sent me a link outlining how acquiring domains with intent to deceive may in fact be illegal. It certainly is an unethical business practice. When I started pyrotalk I had the opportunity to acquire all the domains associated with pyrotalk and chose not to. To see where it is now, actually has more value than if I would have purchased them.
Here is a summary of dates.
Pyrotalk dot com registered 10/30/2010 the website developed unseen over the next few months.
Pyrotalk went live around 02/08/2011.
These two other domains were purchased 60 days later on 04/08/2011.
Here we are over two years later. A group of small to mid level players in the pyrotechnics arena predicted I would destroy the fireworks hobby. All sorts of doom and gloom was predicted to occur. Associated names and organizations on their list of trouble makers.
Displayfireworks1
The American Pyrotechnic Association
The Consumer Product Safety Commission
The Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives
Phantom Fireworks
Etc. (large organization)
I can tell you looking back over the last two years, not one of these above organizations caused a single problem for me. Over 90% of problems occurring for me are from a small group of these small to mid level players in pyrotechnics, you have to be careful because some of them are in leadership positions of fireworks clubs and hold safety and security positions at the PGI. Common tactics include peer pressure to exert these beliefs and put pressure on advertisers is another.
Perhaps in the near future we will tell you the story of displayfireworks1.com

Here is the original video announcing the coming of my website dates Feb 6, 2011 this video is currently unlisted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSYZ4GAmImU

If you were unsure how to research who owns a website domain please go to this link
http://www.whois.net/

VikingPyrotechnics
10-05-2013, 10:51 AM
To bad that i didnīt see this contest :o

PyroManiacs
10-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Haha, that vid was pretty cool!