PDA

View Full Version : type 54 interview is finally here

boom23
09-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Got a call from an ATF agent today and my interview is scheduled for tomorrow morning....

boom23
09-04-2013, 07:17 PM
I think the interview went very well this morning ..... didn't take as long as I thought it would.. Hopefully I will get something in mail soon so I can make a purchase and shoot before it gets to cold...

displayfireworks1
09-04-2013, 08:35 PM
That is great news, please let us know when the blue envelopes come in the mail. Your license will come in a blue envelope. Just for future reference "they" do not like to be addressed as "ATF Agent", I believe the correct title is "ATF Inspector".

supermofunk8
09-04-2013, 08:43 PM
that sounds great hope to hear updates as you license comes plus hope you upload some videos on how you 1.3 show goes

Engalwood
09-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Boom what kind of questions did they ask lol. I have all my stuff together but my picture. I am going to get it taken by this weekend and send in Saturday. Im just worried about the interview lol.

boom23
09-11-2013, 09:00 PM
The only questions asked were why I applied for the license, if anyone will be assisting me, and if I planned on getting a magazine.. I'm sure there were a few other questions but I don't remember.. Basically she went over all the laws and regulations and asked me if I had any questions. I was nervous going in but it wasn't as stressful as I thought it was going to be. My advise too u would be have a notebook to take notes on important topics so u don't forget them as soon as he/she leaves and ask all questions u have while u have he/she is there. Hope that helps and good luck....

boom23
09-16-2013, 08:03 AM
Checked the mailbox Sat night when I got home from the races and there it was, a blue envelope. I received my type 54. Thank u Dave for the packet it was a big help. And please continue to post your videos. I have learned a lot from watching. One quick question, should I cut out the information card on the one form and keep it with me or maybe in my truck? Is that what its for?

PyroManiacs
09-16-2013, 10:19 AM
Congrats!!

PyroJoeNEPA
09-16-2013, 12:31 PM
FYI--don't sign the master copy of the "54". Make several copies of it & sign the copies. Most dealers want a copy with a signature--not a photocopy [I don't know why]. Also, keep a copy in your vehicle at all times. I carry one in my wallet also. Congrats on your 54!

Gary
09-16-2013, 02:04 PM
Yeah, Boom. Congrats! Maybe you can help me out seems that we are in the same neck of the woods...

G

boom23
09-16-2013, 07:41 PM
Yeah, Boom. Congrats! Maybe you can help me out seems that we are in the same neck of the woods...

G

Sure Gary... I will help out any way I can.

pyro1361
09-16-2013, 10:13 PM
The card can not be used to Purchase. I am not sure why the ATF even gives you that card,

displayfireworks1
09-17-2013, 09:35 AM
That is great you received the license. Lots of good advice posted. I would also fax copies of the license to places you plan to purchase. It looks like you live near one of my advertisers Kellners Fireworks, their fax number is listed on their website. They will start a file with your information if you send it to them.

Engalwood
09-18-2013, 01:41 PM
What do u mean by they won't let u purchase with the card? I'm lost then what's the point? Lol

pyro1361
09-18-2013, 06:59 PM
If you carry the Card in your wallet and use it to buy as your ATF Lic, you can't the card is basically useless. It's says right on the card can not be used to buy.
So what I am saying is if the place your buying at does not have a copy of your ATF LIC dont think you can just use the Card.

Engalwood
09-18-2013, 07:27 PM
Oh ok. I got it now. More good info.