PDA

View Full Version : 32 que firing system build

BackwoodsPyro
08-17-2013, 06:46 AM
Ok guys, this is my second thread since I joined and I will be updating as I go along with building my firing system. This system will use 4 - cat5 cables and 4 - ground cables which will run to a field module where there will also be 4 - cat5 hook ups and 4 - ground wire hook ups. From the field module there will be 4 extension modules that will each house 8 cues. This will be a 32 cue system on 4 banks of 8. I just placed my order this morning through allelectronics.com and I hope to have my products to start this build by the end of next week. At this point I dont think I will be doing a "test" function because I am unsure how to keep the ignitor from firing when current is passing through it and i am also unsure how to lower the voltage. If someone could point me in the right direction as far as what I need to include this function, it would be a great help. Thanks so much! :)

tarkus4
08-17-2013, 09:45 AM
I wouldn't leave out the test function, it is not that much work to include it. I have built many firing systems and having the continuity test is a good way to know if your igniters are good. I don't have time right now to explain how to do it but if no one else chimes in and explains it I will get back to you.

BackwoodsPyro
08-17-2013, 10:19 PM
Ok thank you tarkus. I didnt want to leave it out but didn't want to burn up leds, etc. trying to figure it out. Anyone's help would be amazing. :) Thanks guys!

BackwoodsPyro
08-20-2013, 02:31 AM
I need some help with the "test" function. can someone please help me? I already got all my cables put together tonight and my stuff to build the system should be here soon. Anyone please help me!!!

tarkus4
08-21-2013, 07:23 PM
Check you PM.