PDA

View Full Version : starfire firing systems

gnarlystarz
08-12-2013, 09:56 AM
Okay I am looking to buy a starfire firing system from ace pyro. I am not sure of the functional aspects of the system as there are little reviews compared to cobra and fireone systems I like the price and the capabilities... but how user friendly actually is it.. does it have alot of bugs or is quite reliable?

PyroJW
08-14-2013, 11:37 PM
We have several fire one systems and just purchased the starfire last year. We used the starfire on a 60k show on the 4th and it worked perfectly. I would say we have used it 5 plus times so far and are very happy with it. The weight of the starfire is the only small set back. They are in the process of switching to different batteries to help with the weight issue. The Cobra is a nice piece for the money. It all depends on your needs / what time of shows you have.

gnarlystarz
08-17-2013, 02:48 PM
We have several fire one systems and just purchased the starfire last year. We used the starfire on a 60k show on the 4th and it worked perfectly. I would say we have used it 5 plus times so far and are very happy with it. The weight of the starfire is the only small set back. They are in the process of switching to different batteries to help with the weight issue. The Cobra is a nice piece for the money. It all depends on your needs / what time of shows you have.

I am just starting off and if I am investing a few thousand on a firng system. I am gonna want one that of Superior quality and performance.... and how well does it work with talon igniters? Versus regular ematch.

Firework Crazy
08-17-2013, 07:30 PM
I've never used cobras' talon igniters but I'm sure they would work if you clipped them on exposed quick match and taped them.

Firework Crazy
08-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Misunderstood the statement....they should work.

UniversalPyro
08-20-2013, 06:27 PM
I PM'd you if interested in a Cobra System, i got one i can sell you

Kickthefog
08-21-2013, 12:49 PM
Cobra's work perfectly with Talon's or Ematch. In fact, there is a Talon MODE as well as an ematch MODE to ensure that whatever you are shooting with goes off without a hitch.

Pat

I am just starting off and if I am investing a few thousand on a firng system. I am gonna want one that of Superior quality and performance.... and how well does it work with talon igniters? Versus regular ematch.