PDA

View Full Version : New to fireworks and need some advice!!! :)

BackwoodsPyro
08-12-2013, 04:24 AM
Hi guys,
My name is Jordan. I live in Central Pennsylvania so this past fourth of July I decided I was gonna buy fireworks. Well I spent about $375 at a local store for the stuff which I had later found out that they WERE NOT allowed to sell to PA residents. :( So I am going to make a trip to Hubbard Ohio to Wholesale Fireworks and I have some things I am thinking about buying for my New Years Eve show. I am going to be catching the last "Two 4 Tuesday" day of the season so I am pretty happy about that. By the way I will be buying mostly retail since the have Buy 1 get 2 free on everything on the Tuesday i am going which will be august 20th. Some thing I have already picked out off their website are as follows...

Archers Revenge
Sun Shower
Reveille
Glittering Galaxy / Silky Sky (Power 13 Assortment)
Electric Rain shells (Excalibur it was nice seeing ya, but bye bye!) LOL

I am looking to spend around $500 so as you probably already know I can get A LOT more than just this with $500, which makes me happy :) lol.

Now here is where I need you guys help... WHAT ELSE SHOULD I CONSIDER BUYING? I like, like almost everything. Not too keen on assortments, however I love the 500g cakes and the 200g cakes. I am going to be purchasing a case of electric rain which will be 48 shells, which will be plenty for this show.

THANK YOU GUYS SOOOO MUCH. IT MEANS A LOT!

Wholesale Fireworks
08-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Hey Jordan....just wanted to let you know the Archer's Revenge and the Power 13 are wholesale items and are only available as a full case. Those three pieces are not sold as retail pieces so they will not qualify for the B1G2 free sale on Tuesday.

rppyro
08-12-2013, 06:22 PM
200g cakes: 12 shot assortment and 19 shot assortments are nice
500g cakes: Power 8 assortment is a great buy, rocketeers are a great buy as well (6 for $90) Shockwave and Tropical typhoon has big breaks. if you like archers revenge try the High stepper. (Try em all)
And buy wholesale, instead of retail. Even at buy one get two free prices, it is still better to buy the case most of the times.

PyroManiacs
08-12-2013, 08:52 PM
My only experience has been with Wholesale Glorious/AFW brand items...

My favorites

500G cakes:
Arctic Thunder - good spread, good breaks
Blast Furnace - nice cake
Blast Radius - awesome breaks
Bloodshot moon - nice effects
Challenger - disgusting!
D-Day - big breaks
Dynamo - good cake
Epic effects - epic
Evil Serpent - Nice W shaped cake
Finale Freeball - awesome cake
Grenadier - good spread/effects, big breaks
La Dolce Vita - Good sequence
Mystic Message - nice breaks
Scramble - very cool effects
Sun Shower - very nice
Shockwave - big breaks
Tropical Typhoon - big breaks

500G Assorted Cases
Power 5 thru 11. All are worth it.

200G cakes:
Aquarian
Beach Boy Delight
Mid Summer Dream
Binary Star

jknepp1954
08-13-2013, 02:27 AM
The "not selling to Pa Residents" is because you would need a local permit to purchase "the good stuff". I have personally been thrown out of Phantom and 2 other stores because i did not have a permit - and i own a retail/wholesale fireworks in our great commonwealth (sarcasm)....
I am currently at PGI - but if you wish to either call me or pm me next week about the permitting process - please do so. Maybe i can help you in that dept

BackwoodsPyro
08-13-2013, 04:06 AM
Thank you guys for all the replies. It really does help me a lot! I learned about this site from Dave's videos, which have helped me sooo much with how to fuse things together, what looks nice, etc. so a big thanks to Dave and everyone on this site. I made a list of thing I want to check out / get when I go, but I already know how its gonna be where I walk in and just start grabbing. haha but it should be interesting and I might take the camcorder. ;)

And also that sucks about the archers revenge not being a retail item but I will gladly spend the $70 on that amazing cake.

BackwoodsPyro
08-13-2013, 04:27 AM
Also, I'm thinking bout starting a firing system, not sure how many cues. I have knowledge when it comes to wiring ac/dc so I got that down but I am stumped on how to build in the test function. I would think it would fire if you send any current through. Any help on this would be awesome as well. :)