PDA

View Full Version : Duct Tape to Fuse Mortar Rack ?

TheBag
08-11-2013, 08:38 AM
Ok i was looking at some fusing techniques on YouTube and i watched this guy fuse his mortar rack with duct tape. What he did was take a long strip of Duct Tape fold it in a taco shape and line the fuse in the middle then he layered some quick fuse on top and folded it together tightly. The folded duct tape fuse was located directly above the mortars. I was thinking if the tape didn't break the propensity of the tape acting like a barrier preventing some shells from leaving the mortars seems like it would be high. Also i think low breaks might happen , other shells being tugged out etc . Have any of you used this technique ? when this guy did it his rack went off perfect

PyroManiacs
08-11-2013, 02:05 PM
I doubt the tape can handle holding a shell back. Also, the fuse is gonna burn fast enough, that all the other fuses will be burning at the same time. Therefore, no fuse should still be connected to the tape.

supermofunk8
09-02-2013, 04:45 PM
idk about that duck tape just burns odd to me but when i ran out of magic tape i used some good ole masking tape from home depot with brown packaging paper an it all burned great

rppyro
09-02-2013, 04:59 PM
I use duct tape to fuse finale racks all the time. never had a problem.

PuroJon
09-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Only thing to remember about tape (especially duct tape) is that it will usually increase the speed of the fuse. Same principal as quickmatch.

Pyro Nation
09-03-2013, 07:43 PM
For a FINALE... I love to Cover all the fuse... I want it to speed up and protect it at the same time...

joejoer
09-04-2013, 06:00 PM
I have used duct tape before. Never had a issue.

joewad
01-06-2014, 04:51 PM
Off thread topic but what about using duct tape to cover your primary ignition fuse on a consumer cake board?

PuroJon
01-06-2014, 05:02 PM
Its what I do joewad... I am a duct tape user myself. But you do have to worry over temperature changes and wetness with duct tape. When I use Talons I clip the ignitor to the fuse and cover it over with duct tape. Fuse gets really pissed off anytime its wrapped or sealed, usually runs a little faster through taped segments. Edge of a cake isn't enough to do much to it though, its going to ignite even if you cover it in epoxy... heh...

josereyn74
01-16-2014, 11:42 AM
I use duct tape all of the time and never had an issue with it.

CTPYRO
01-23-2014, 05:32 PM
I've used foil tape for my consumer shells and it works great... everyone has their own nitch though

rbarbourbis
01-26-2014, 09:09 PM
Duct tape is a sticky mess in the heat of summer. I like good masking tape better. There are lots of different ways to tape / tie fuse though. Use what works for you.

wizard7611
01-26-2014, 10:32 PM
I use zip ties from the car repair section of Walmart