PDA

View Full Version : August 24, 2013 Collier Sportsman Association

displayfireworks1
08-04-2013, 12:54 AM
If you are looking for a place to shoot your fireworks you can bring them to my annual fireworks display for my sportsman Club. The hotels are in Bridgeville Pa. I just figured I would throw out this invite. Be ready to work all day in the sun and have fun with fireworks. Ideally, it would be nice if you can bring some fireworks and your firing systems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEQQ-mjvM7g
Prior year videos from the Sportsman Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8LJNVCfaWw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_ld4QCUWPI
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/6JDqK_meQJc/hqdefault.jpg
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/X_5cF9XZVzY/hqdefault.jpg
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/Lc2GxxiQPYU/hqdefault.jpg
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/NT5qXeBWhcc/hqdefault.jpg

buffum157
08-04-2013, 02:17 AM
Hello Dave.
My name is Rick Buffum
I can't see I will make it to the shoot but if there is a way I will make it. I live in Terre Haute IN. About 430 miles one way. If I'm able to make it I hope its not a big deal that after putting fuel in my truck I'll won't have the money for fireworks on such short notice. But will work my ass off in anyway to help out and learn from you and the club members.
Thank you for the invitation. Hope I can make it.

displayfireworks1
08-04-2013, 11:02 PM
Rick, you are going to need two days of hotel rooms for that drive. Driving over 400 miles and working all day in the sun and driving home is not a good combination. Next year I will make the announcement sooner so people have more time to plan and save.

Pyro Nation
08-05-2013, 01:34 AM
I was looking to come to this this year, but didnt realize when it was gonna be.. I may try and still make it, but not sure if free that weekend and its 4.5 hrs away

UniversalPyro
08-05-2013, 09:08 PM
I was looking to come to this this year, but didnt realize when it was gonna be.. I may try and still make it, but not sure if free that weekend and its 4.5 hrs away

Pyroiffic, you go i will try to go, Dave, what size shell are you limited too?

Pyro Nation
08-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Pyroiffic, you go i will try to go, Dave, what size shell are you limited too?

OHHHHH Gang will go if I go...LOL...

PYRO321
08-05-2013, 11:52 PM
Ok i'm in if pyroliffic goes and if he drives and if UniversalPyro brings the shells lol. J/K But for real i'm going to try to make it only thing is short notice and about 5.5 hrs for me but i really want to go to meet more people and get more insight.

Pyro Nation
08-06-2013, 12:25 AM
RAZR.... if u are up for it... Drive my house then we can drive over... We can talk more just sometime this week need to decide

displayfireworks1
08-06-2013, 12:27 AM
If anyone coming is driving a major distance it may be best to get a hotel room. If anyone wants to bring fireworks, cakes work best for this area. Shells can go up to 4 inch but you will need to bring your own mortars. If you feel like bringing enough stuff you can fire your own display , I will give you the time slot. Bring your Cobra system or what ever. These people love fireworks. If you have your ATF license you can order from Kellners , I have a guy picking up my order and delivering to the site the day of the shoot August 24, 2013. He can pick your order up also if you sign off for it at Kellners. Pyroliffic you always have a bunch of fireworks so all you need to do is find the time.
The shoot is legit with a permit and fire department

displayfireworks1
08-19-2013, 10:13 PM
All you guys within driving distance of this fireworks display August 24 , 2013 , aka this Saturday, please consider trying to make it, you can add fireworks to the display , use your own system or just provide labor. All I ask is do not come just to be entertained be ready to work and have fun . If all goes as planed I should have a special surprise the day of the display. Once you see the video you are going to wish you were there.
Collier Sportsmen’s Association
77 Walkers Mill Rd
Oakdale, PA 15071
412-276-9628
I will have a pick the morning the of shoot at Kellners fireworks, if you need something picked up I can have my guy pick it up for you. Or bring something you want to shoot. Free food and drink, no alcohol until after the shoot.

ArkPyro1984
08-20-2013, 10:29 AM
I would love to come, but it would be a long drive for me, and I also am shooting a show on Saturday.

tarkus4
08-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Dave I should be able to make it unless something comes up at work. What time should I be there? Also would you like to add some mine and comet fronts to the display?

displayfireworks1
08-20-2013, 09:23 PM
At tarkus4
Please feel free to bring whatever you want and whatever firing system you want to use, I can accommodate everyone, these people love fireworks. I have something special added to the display this year, so I can use the extra help, thanks for coming. Be there at 11:30a please bring scissors, hammer and whatever you usually carry in your pyro toolbox, the food and drink are free provided by the club, of course no alcohol until after the shoot. Glad to have you.
We have an official permit and fire department on site.

Firework Crazy
08-20-2013, 10:19 PM
If I didn't have a job I'd fly there with out a second thought....but hay, I got bills to pay and a cobra to save for. It was a shame to not have gone to the PGI Conv. for the first time....got to save some vacay for it next year. Dave...your an inspiration to all of us. Your knowledge and expertise has elevated the passion for fireworks that I allready posesed before I first discovered your YouTube channel a while back....and want you to know that you have taught me a lot. You da bomb Dave..keep it burnen.

algrant1
08-21-2013, 08:46 AM
I would go but I am shooting a show Saturday. Have a fun safe day! Can't wait to see the video!

Joe woz pa
08-21-2013, 12:54 PM
Doing a show in slippery rock or I'd be there especially since I'm right off the Wexford exit. I'll shoot for next year. Thanks for the invite Dave be safe.

fullauto223
08-21-2013, 09:43 PM
Got your pm Dave and you'll see me bright and early. I'm sure the ranges are closed for the day for this event or I'd bring a couple machine guns to make some noise :-)

And I too am just off the Wexford exit

displayfireworks1
08-23-2013, 08:11 PM
Whomever is coming tomorrow, drive all the way into the property and if you want try to bring your vehicle as close to the shoot site as you want. Remember to bring a light , scissors , hammer and whatever pyro accessories you want. If someone has some strong tape that will hold cakes together please bring it. Bring your firing systems if you wish. It looks like we should have some hand fire opportunity so remember to bring protective eyewear. If you have product you can add to my display or set it up and shoot it yourself. I know some people are bringing some 1.75 racks, if anyone I did not ask has some 1.75 racks please bring them. I should be one the site between 11:30 and 12 noon. If you get there early and anyone questions you just tell them you are with me and the fireworks. According to the weather report it should be 80 degrees and no rain. I also need a few pieces of rebar if anyone has it please bring some.

fullauto223
08-23-2013, 08:49 PM
I have three new 1.91" 12" racks I'll bring from last week a 30 fan, 10 straight, and a 3 row 15. Some rebar not sure how much, but I'll grab what I have.

The 30 fan is ready for something I'm bringing unless we need it for 1.3g :cool:

displayfireworks1
08-23-2013, 09:47 PM
That is great you are bringing something for your racks. I will have fuse and some magic tape. I usually like to fuse the whole row and fire it electronically. The rebar I need is going to be 15 to 20 inches to pound in the ground to hold the racks I am bringing that have eyelets on the sides. I am going to have an extra Cobra plus I believe someone else is bring one in addition to mine. We should be able to run multiple remotes. I think we will be looking good I just did not want someone to have 1.75 racks at home and not bring them because I believe we can fill them. The nice thing about this display is I can add whatever someone brings and make it work, its an upscale backyard display for the annual picnic.

PGH_Pyro
08-25-2013, 12:18 AM
Thanks Dave for having me to help with the shoot / set-up . Met bunch of other pyros, a couple of which live about 3 streets over from mine which was funny to realize. Good product . Great B-cakes. Great 2.5" ICON brand 1.3 shells up on the pistol range that I helped to hand-fire. Always good times . Hope to get together with you local Pittsburgh-area guys a.s.a.p. Would love to work more in the PGH-area .
Cheers .

displayfireworks1
08-25-2013, 01:14 AM
I just had to post at least the finale from the Collier Sportsman 2013 display before I go to bed tonight. To all the people that came to help and donate fireworks thank you all very much. To the new people I hope you enjoyed the experience. My wife told me when she arrived at the site and saw tents and tables she was amazed at the turnout. Of course, you are all invited back again next year. Thanks again for making time to participate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw3RFOfghWE

displayfireworks1
08-25-2013, 11:35 AM
This is a clip of the above finale but at ground zero. For an extreme backyard fireworks display these canister color shells are nice. Very time consuming to set up however. A potential future product in the 1.3 line would be chains of 1.75 canister shells for the backyard fireworks hobbyist that has progressed up to getting their ATF license, they can still use all their racks and speed up the setup.
unlisted video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lryIrmcwLk

Firework Crazy
08-25-2013, 12:30 PM
Top notch you guys. It was really exciting to watch..loved it.

fullauto223
08-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Good times Dave, I had a blast!! (yep I said it) what a great group of guys. I very much appreciate the experience of being part of that display

displayfireworks1
08-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Does anyone have the hammer used to pound the stakes in. I borrowed the hammer from Joe and I can not find it.

buffum157
08-26-2013, 05:39 AM
Sorry I was unable to make it do to being denied vacation time off of work. I was looking forward to coming out and meeting you and others. I hope everyone was safe and had a great time.
Maybe with a little bit more notice I can work out getting time off work next time. But work comes before play Lol.

fullauto223
09-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Hey guys, I'm looking for the one of you guys that I spoke to about wanting a specific pirates item please PM me.

I know your first name but don't remember your profile name.

Thanks,
Fullauto223