PDA

View Full Version : magazine question?????

vanillagorilla
07-16-2013, 09:16 PM
hello everybody, i'm gonna go for my atf license, and have a question about magazines, ok i live in the south and it get really hot and humid here, if i get a water tight magazine, would i have to worry about moisture still being able to get in from boxes sweating or anything like that? Another question how long could you store fireworks in them before you have to worry about something like this with the boxes just sweating or would they?

any info is very much appreciated in advance

pyroholic53
07-17-2013, 12:21 AM
Vanillagorilla, I live near Nashville and get my product from the middle Tennessee area and have yet to find a sweaty box of fireworks. My magazine is constructed of 3/4 in. Advantech subflooring and pine 2x4's. The sub flooring has a 30 year warranty for home use, doubt a magazine would qualify for that. I wrapped it in roofing metal and sealed it with caulk inside and out. Remember you can not have metal showing at all on the inside, I used pocket screws to attach the wood together, I haven't had a drop of water in it in the year and a half since it was built. Hope that helps.