PDA

View Full Version : ATF Inspection Questions

jay_31
07-09-2013, 05:43 PM
So I'm starting the process of obtaining my Type 54 User Permit. I was wondering, after I have the permit and I use it to purchase 1.3g fireworks as I plan to do, what does the ATF actually look for and check for when then come to inspect or speak with you. I'm electing for contingency storage since that's my only option right now. Since they won't have anything to inspect besides my records (correct me if I'm wrong), what is it that they'll actually be looking for? Do they check to see if I've obtained State display permits, insurance, or anything like that?

According to the Orange Book, (and again, correct me if I'm wrong) a holder of a User Permit must keep records of receipt. Does a User Permittee also have to keep records of when he/she used the explosives as well? I read that Manufactures of explosives must keep a record of used explosives but nothing in the User Permittee section does it say that a record of Use must be kept.

Again, I'm a total noobie on this subject matter. I'm just trying to get all the information I can. If anyone from Michigan can share their experiences that would be great! All other input is greatly appreciated as well!

Pyro Nation
07-09-2013, 08:11 PM
yes..since u have contingency storage its going to be pick up day of show. Hopefully used all that day or it needs to be put back in the storage that night.

So, make sure all is blown off. E-match, quick-match or whatever u bought.

I put the receipt from purchase in a maniall folder and inside I write all used in show or whatever was used for