PDA

View Full Version : Music

rodneyp
06-26-2013, 09:19 PM
Does anyone have any experience with adding music to a show? I have a huge audio system rented and I will be playing some special audio tracks (song snippets) that will tell a story of America. I have enough audio to completely cover our lake. I want everyone to clearly hear the music and story but I am concerned with whether or not loud music will add or take away from the 1.4 fireworks show.

Pyro Nation
06-26-2013, 09:47 PM
adding music in terms of just playing it during the show or for a pyro musical

displayfireworks1
06-26-2013, 09:47 PM
If you are going to play music to fireworks play multiple short clips rather than one long song.

rodneyp
06-26-2013, 10:21 PM
I will play 6 full songs taking 20 minutes as a pre show, ending with America the beautiful. After that, I will be playing 25 minutes of music consisting of about 24 short clips from songs while the fireworks show is going. I will have a fake finale of 2 500g cakes and 100 megabangers that ends 20 seconds before the last song ends. This will hopefully signal the crowd that the show is over. A 10 second pause, and then I will do a finale of 1 peacock and 150 megabangers lasting just a few seconds.

PyroJoeNEPA
06-27-2013, 10:22 AM
Remember the farther away from the speakers the crowd is, the longer the time interval for the sound to arrive is. What you "script" for up close viewing will be out of sync across the lake.
Also, you don't want the music burying the sound of the fireworks--or vica versa.
I'm an audio engineer by trade with experience in concert & festival venues, so if you have any specific questions I can help you with, PM me.

pyro man 205
06-27-2013, 12:06 PM
When adding music to a show is great! but yes there is a butt to it. if you planned on video taping and posting on you tube need to remember copy rights for the music.
you tube is a stickler about that. do like Dave said play multiple short clips rather than one long song so you tube does not get on you about the music. they seem like
that they are cracking down on this.