PDA

View Full Version : new type 54 license in maine thanks to dave's help

hollywood1
06-18-2013, 04:43 PM
I am a state licensed shooter for a display company here in maine but wanted too add to what the company had to offer so I bought Daves dvd's. They were informative and offered guidance in what I needed to receive my type 54 here in maine. My understanding from Dave was that I am only the fourth in my state to have this license. Dave was correct it takes persistence with the atf to get what you want. The contingency storage here was an issue no display companies even the one I work for would not offer help. So I went online and followed the plans someone had to build an indoor type 54 magazine to store my electric match, and after nearly 3 months The effort paid off. Yesterday in the mail I received my type 54 in the mail .Thank you dave for all the video's and support you offer the fireworks community bill

displayfireworks1
06-20-2013, 04:32 PM
Thank you for the positive feedback, There are so very few 1.3 fireworks license holders in the state of Maine, now we now you added one more to the list. I am glad I helped and inspired you with the process.

tntrealty1
06-25-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm a new 54 in Maine as well. My challenge has been getting the State of Maine Technician license. I finally, after much persistance, have my exam scheduled in Augusta this Thursday at 11am. The exam is closed book 40 questions of true/false & multiple choice based on NFPA 1123. Anyone have suggestions on what they'll ask?

displayfireworks1
06-25-2013, 12:00 PM
There are less than 10 ATF 1.3 license holders in the state of Maine; it is nice to have both of you on the forums. There is a post here somewhere on the forums where I posted an online test from a state fire marshal office that even allowed you to print a certificate of completion. Every time I try to use the search function, I am getting data base errors so I can not find it. I remember one of the members commenting he took the test and printed a certificate. If we can find that test, it would be great practice for you.

tntrealty1
06-26-2013, 06:52 AM
That would be a great way to practice. I've done a few searches and can't seem to find it either. I'll keep trying because test day is tomorrow :)

tntrealty1
07-01-2013, 04:55 PM
Passed the State of Maine Technician license exam today. To anyone in Maine looking to get there license, study up on NFPA 1123 the 2000 Edition not the 2010 edition. There are 60 multiple choice questions and several of the questions have more than one answer so be carefull and good luck.

displayfireworks1
07-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Congratulations on everything you have accomplish. You are certainly a rarity in thee state of Maine. I was looking at some state of Maine website and did not see anything about the testing or requirements. Do you have a link?

tntrealty1
07-02-2013, 05:08 PM
Here you go Dave...http://maine.gov/dps/fmo/index.htm
you wll clink the links to the right hand side. They do not make it easy to find and my experience with Rich McCarthy and Tim Fuller, the Marshall's in charge, was less than cooperative no matter how polite and nice I was. Fireworks are a four letter word to them :(