PDA

View Full Version : "Salute in a Car" video

displayfireworks1
06-12-2013, 01:43 PM
“Salute in a Car”

To all pyrotalk members I just released my video “Salute in a Car”. There are two videos.
One video is less than one minute long playing on my YouTube channel. In the description of that video is a link to the 18-minute video called “Salute in a Car” (The making of). The 18-minute video is only playing on pyrotalk in the Miscellaneous section.
“Salute in a Car” was part of a class to train new firefighters to investigate causes of explosions. The firefighters did not see me blow the car up, they will show up later and explain to their instructor how this event occurred. I was impressed at how much damage one three-inch salute can cause. I was also amazed the car did not catch fire.
The best way to start viewing this series is to start on YouTube with this link to the 39 second video then click on the link in the description of that video to view the 18 minute video.
Thanks for being a part of pyrotalk.com and I hope you enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nTXQEdGzyE

Dave displayfireworks1 pyrotalk.com
Link to 18 minute video
http://pyrotalk.com/salute-in-car.php

displayfireworks1
06-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Or better yet watch the 18 minute video here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9rFGpR4C7g

PyroManiacs
06-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Awesome video!!

I would tend to think that a salute wouldnt really cause a fire.

I would however think a 3 inch shell with burning stars would, only because the stars would embed themselves into the fabric and burn long enough to catch that fabric on fire.

I would love to see a salute in a vehicles gas tank though :)

Just my theory, I guess.

valmo2379
06-12-2013, 04:49 PM
oh my god...imagine a case of salutes :O the car is pulverised..

for the futur other test, take in a other car a 3 inch display shell :p

valmo2379
06-12-2013, 04:49 PM
oh my god...imagine a case of salutes :O the car is pulverised..

for the futur other test, take in a other car a 3 inch display shell :p

Firework Crazy
06-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Awesome video!!

I would tend to think that a salute wouldnt really cause a fire.

I would however think a 3 inch shell with burning stars would, only because the stars would embed themselves into the fabric and burn long enough to catch that fabric on fire.

-I would assume the same thing. Probably why Dave wanted to use the glitter chrys. in a different car. This video is going to get so many views. Was hilarious how he put the bear on the car.

SummitPyro
06-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Interesting video and very nice of Dave to assist them in their training.

It would be nice to see the same demonstration using a 1.4g shell to show how much of a different affect it would have on a car compared to the 1.3g salute. Then let the same firemen inspect the damage from the 1.4g shell and try to determine what caused the damage, as this is what they will more likely encounter.

If someone were going to do an improvised destructive act with fireworks, it would most likely be with 1.4g product. The two examples of terrorist activities in the USA that allegedly used fireworks, were said to have purchased the fireworks from a Phantom retail store.

This would be like the news video's around the 4th telling/showing us why we shouldn't play with firecrackers as they blow up a watermelon with an M-80. While a consumer shell/product can still be dangerous if used incorrectly, it's no where near as destructive as a professional 1.3 salute. A follow-up video using 1.4g could possibly ease the pressure on consumer fireworks as being "bad" and perhaps show the bad-guys that it's not worth the effort to use them as destructive devices, so the news in-turn wont have another excuse to place a bad-name on our hobby.

And hey, it would be an excuse for another video/chance to blow something up. LOL

crackerbomb
06-12-2013, 07:58 PM
This is a top ten video!

PyroManiacs
06-12-2013, 09:40 PM
And hey, it would be an excuse for another video/chance to blow something up. LOL

Totally agree with that!

Firework Crazy
06-12-2013, 10:42 PM
That was probably what they planned SummitPyro. Was gunna mention that there may have been another motive for wanting to do the experiment. Didn't want to get bad mouthed. Even if it wasn't, the news may twist this into something bad. I surely hope they don't.

pyromustang
06-13-2013, 11:41 AM
As always a Great video. thanks dave for all the hard work you do for this forum.

Kickthefog
06-14-2013, 10:27 PM
Outstanding Video Dave! Makes me want to rent a Uhaul Trailer anytime I'm transporting any shells. :) hehehe

I wonder if the roof and windows still would have blown out if the car door windows were rolled down? The pressure wouldn't have been as great with them open. Just curious how much less the damage would be with them open.

Whatever the case, This video is a real eye opener and a nice bit of education.

Thanks for the video Dave!

Pat

smilli
06-15-2013, 09:42 AM
Great video Dave!
Did not expected to see the salute doing so much damage to the car, looked like a death scenario if you were in there with it.

smilli
06-15-2013, 09:51 AM
Great video Dave!
Did not expected to see the salute doing so much damage to the car, looked like a death scenario if you were in there with it.

By the way i took the liberty of sharing the small video on a dutch fireworks forum, i hope that's not a problem.
If so contact me and i will remove it:)

displayfireworks1
06-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Thanks everyone for the compliments on the video. Shooting a consumer artillery shell would be a great follow up video for this. If anyone out there is having a firefighter training class near me in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, I will be glad to attend to set it up. The Fire Marshall involved in this video was also impressed with the demonstration, he requested a copy on DVD it may be using it for future firefighter training classes. These junk cars must be hard to come by now a days, this may be why he was saving the others for future demonstrations and investigations.
To Smilli, yes please feel free to post this on the Dutch forums. I have many friends and subscribers outside of United States; I wish more of them would join the pyrotalk forums also.
Om Smilli, ja gelieve te voelen vrij om deze plaatsen op de Nederlandse forums. Ik heb veel vrienden en abonnees buiten de Verenigde Staten, ik wou meer van hen zou ook deelnemen aan de pyrotalk forums.

smilli
06-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Maybe in interresting comparison over here haha, this shows an experiment with a cracker filled with 28 grams of flash.
Thanks to your video people wil now what is the truth!
Brought to you by the Anti-fireworks corruption TV Holland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXZIzsursRQ