PDA

View Full Version : Transporting 1.3G Orders/ What should I Do?

Firework Crazy
06-10-2013, 10:06 PM
For Independence Day 2014. Because of the foundation of Kellner's Fireworks Inc., I plan to purchase from them. But, because I live in Florida it would be cheaper to pick up my order. The company charges $2.95 per mile one way. Total cost to where I live=$3,392.50. If I wanted to drive to Pennsylvania to pick up my order, what's the best way? ( Truck Rental? ) It's going to be a large order.

matandch
06-10-2013, 10:43 PM
You might be able to get a Penske rental for around $1000 or less one-way if you reserve in advance. You can pick them up at The Home Depot. Pretty easy to negotiate with by phone. Fly to Pittsburgh and then drive the truck back.

Firework Crazy
06-10-2013, 10:54 PM
lol, a really good idea

Frankiefireworks19
06-11-2013, 09:06 AM
PM'd you firework crazy.

displayfireworks1
06-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Some of my advertisers ship 1.3 fireworks if you are properly licensed. Run through the sponsor page and look around.
http://pyrotalk.com/sponsors.php

Firework Crazy
06-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Thanks Dave. Big Fan.

Firework Crazy
06-11-2013, 04:03 PM
PM'd you firework crazy.

PM'd? poned? Palmed, like face palmed?

jknepp1954
06-11-2013, 08:57 PM
First of all - i am sure there is "someone" down that way you could buy from MUCH closer.
there is really swarms of USDOT issues here with you driving that far - storage is primary thing that comes to mind, and technically - by the time you do get back home in FL and ready to do show - RAIN - then you have to find storage somewhere - are you willing to take back up to Kellners again?
Think about it....

matandch
06-11-2013, 09:28 PM
First of all - i am sure there is "someone" down that way you could buy from MUCH closer.
there is really swarms of USDOT issues here with you driving that far - storage is primary thing that comes to mind, and technically - by the time you do get back home in FL and ready to do show - RAIN - then you have to find storage somewhere - are you willing to take back up to Kellners again?
Think about it....

Good points. I've recently heard a lot of good things about Four Seasons Fireworks in Fl that might be worth looking into.

pyrola
06-11-2013, 09:36 PM
You are better off walking outside and lighting your money on fire and walking back into your house. Will be a lot quicker than your plan of renting a truck, driving to PA, and then driving back to Florida. Not to mention the hotels and fuel. You will not be complaint with dot regs.

Firework Crazy
06-11-2013, 11:04 PM
You are better off walking outside and lighting your money on fire and walking back into your house. Will be a lot quicker than your plan of renting a truck, driving to PA, and then driving back to Florida. Not to mention the hotels and fuel. You will not be complaint with dot regs.

Ya, I know...even though going to Kellner's isn't set in stone, they have everything I could possibly need with good prices and quality. If I where, I'd use Matandch's idea of flight and drive.

Firework Crazy
06-11-2013, 11:06 PM
Thanks Matandch, I'll take a look.

matandch
06-12-2013, 07:52 AM
Thanks Matandch, I'll take a look.

I think you have to call and ask for their class b list.

Firework Crazy
06-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Ya, weren't on the sight. I'm pretty glad you told me about the place. Will save money for sure.