PDA

View Full Version : excaliburs or bomblastic shells

rppyro
06-07-2013, 08:15 PM
How would you guys compare the Excalibur shells to the bomblastic shells that they sell at Kellners? I have heard great things about both but not a direct comparison.

PyroManiacs
06-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Its kind of hard to say unless someone has had them both at the same time to compare. I have not. I would look at price over all and go from there. I also have never had the Bomblastic shells either.

Its also hard to compare separate videos because not all cameras record the same. I have not seen any videos of these two being compared at once.

I did however, see a video of the brand AFW - Electric Rain Shells vs the Excaliburs and they are almost identical except the excals have more lift making them go about 20 feet higher.

So I bought a case of the Electric Rains.... and I will never buy Excaliburs again.

Electric Rain you can buy by the case, thats 48 shells and 8 Fiberglass tubes for $120. Compare that to Excaliburs price of $70 a box. 2 boxes would be $140. So in essence, you could save $20 on the AFW brand.

But you can do as you please, lol. Hope this helps.

jknepp1954
06-08-2013, 07:35 AM
EXCALS is the original 60gr can shell - so that have set the standards for all of the other heavy cans, including E Rain and Bomblastic.
As far as comparison directly between Bomblastic and Excal in performance - it is a coin toss - which ever you want...both GREAT shells! :)
PyroM - I have heard many say that Erain just don't quite have as much pizzazz as excal - that is just what i heard - so take it for whatever that is worth - would basically have to do a direct side to side compare

PyroManiacs
06-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Thats funny Joyce, I have seen people say that the E Rains were hands down better.

But then again, Im sure the quality varies year to year.

Lato
06-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Now i get excals at $29.16 a box or six boxes in a case for $175.00 Hard to beat that price so i stick with excals. Would like to get my hands on some acid rains though.

Lato
06-09-2013, 12:03 PM
I mean electric rain not acid lol.

PyroManiacs
06-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Now i get excals at $29.16 a box or six boxes in a case for $175.00 Hard to beat that price so i stick with excals. Would like to get my hands on some acid rains though.

Nice man. Ya cant beat that.

PyroJW
06-09-2013, 06:12 PM
Thats below my wholesale cost.

Lato
06-10-2013, 01:09 PM
I was very fortunate to stumble across the company. Was driving out in the country and ran across them and said i think i will stop in.

PyroManiacs
06-10-2013, 02:20 PM
I need to be searching like that. But everything is so far from Philadelphia. :(