PDA

View Full Version : Limited Release video PGI 2013 property preview

displayfireworks1
04-05-2013, 07:32 PM
This is a time-limited video. You will be able to see the video here before I release it publicly on my YouTube channel.

You will be able to play this video
Friday 04/05/2013 9pm EST to 11pm EST
Saturday 04/06/2013 8pm to 10pm EST
Video now on pyrotalk under PGI category

The Pyrotechnic Guild International is having their annual fireworks convention August 10 to 16, 2013 in Pennsylvania at the Coopers Lake campground. As you will see in the video, the shoot site is located just off Interstate 79 in Pennsylvania between Pittsburgh Pennsylvania and Erie Pennsylvania.
I made this video from the perspective of someone coming in from out of state and landing at the Pittsburgh International Airport, renting a car and driving to the convention. In the video, you will see the shoot site, get a tour of the property and see what hotels are available in the area.
No matter what you level of experience, you are welcome to join this organization. If you want to join the PGI to be part of this event you can do it with my help. Please visit my website pyrotalk.com with the link below and download the special application that has my name attached to it. Write in displayfireworks1 as recommending you. It is that easy. It does not cost you any more or less to join using my website. I guarantee you will have fun during this one-week celebration of fireworks.
http://pyrotalk.com/join-pgi.php

Matt
04-05-2013, 10:46 PM
The construction will still be going on during the convention on 79. They are going to reconstruct the route 79 bridge that goes over 422. I don't know if it will be north or south bridge, but one of them will be closed and there will be a crossover.

PGI members will likely not go in the same way you went. The entrance you used will be what the general public uses.

Why limit a 45 minute video to only two separate two hour ranges of visibility? You aren't giving them much time to watch it.

displayfireworks1
04-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Matt
I sent the email to all the members of the forums to come to the forums to see the video. I am trying to encourage members to visit the forums more often. I do that by offering videos that may or may not be released publicly on my YouTube channel. In the future I may release videos that will only be viewed from this website. The good news will be if someone visits the website more often they will not miss anything.
The video is for people flying in to the Pittsburgh Airport, renting a car and making their way to the convention. As far as construction on Interstate 79 , I can update that as needed. What other way would you get there from the Pittsburgh Airport?
Now go tell Albert to sign up as an advertisers on my website. LOL

Matt
04-05-2013, 11:48 PM
I hear ya. Only giving 2 hours to watch a 45 minute limits you a bit. It was a good video showing what is around the area and the shootsite itself.

Now for the big guy... I can't help you there. I'm just the messenger :)

All I can say is we will have a nice PORC show on Sunday night 8/11 of the convention. 100% Pennsylvania made.

pyromaniac
04-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Dave, have you ever thought about making the option for members of the forum to become supporting members? We could have a members only sub-forum for private discussions and private videos. I know I myself would rather pay like 20-40 bucks a year than compared to PPV videos. I think it would encourage people who want to watch those videos into joining the forum. There is just something about paying per video that makes me:mad:. Not trying to be a pyro-nazi, just trying to help.

displayfireworks1
04-06-2013, 07:49 PM
I have to be up from I am not going to debate my business plan for this website. For some reason some people worry about how I run the website. This website is advertiser driven, because they can most afford to pay me and benefit from advertising. Advertiser driven is how most Magazines TV etc. operate. This is why I strictly enforce the no advertising rule unless you are an approved advertiser.
Let’s use the $20 to $40 a year example you have stated, right now, you can watch all the pay videos I have posted for less than $10.00. Once you purchase them, you can watch them more than once. Some people feel after 5 years of watching my videos for free they don’t mind spending $2.49 once and while, other people feel differently. You actually do not have to spend anything, I would be happy if you just visit the forums and post something or make a comment once and a while. Charging for the forums is not an option for me.
As far as the video in the above post. I am schedule releasing it to generate traffic on the site. Having people visit your site that is what a website is all about.

PyroManiacs
04-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Damnit, I missed the viewing of the video twice by like 20 minutes, lol. Guess ill just have to wait for you to release it.

wpman321
04-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Ya I missed it again!!! uuuggggghhhhh!