PDA

View Full Version : Atlas Training Day

n1pj
03-27-2013, 09:49 AM
This Sunday Atlas is holding a training day. If you live in the Northeast and want to get into 1.3 here is your chance. After the course you will be allowed to help on 1.3 shows. The training is going to be at their Corporate HQ in Jaffrey NH at 9 AM. PM me if you are going there or have any questions. Thanks

n1pj
03-27-2013, 04:39 PM
Sorry just realized my mistake. The training is this Saturday.

displayfireworks1
03-28-2013, 07:19 PM
When I look at my listing of ATF licensee in Massachusetts and New Hampshire the breakdown is very small.
Massachusetts by county
Middlesex-2
Norfolk-2
Suffolk-1

New Hampshire by county
Belknap-2
Cheshire-3
Coos-2
Grafton-1
Hillsborough-1
Merrimack-3
Rockingham-9
Strafford-1

n1pj
03-29-2013, 02:21 AM
Yes you are absolutely right. MA is one of those just about closed states for 1.3. The ATF 54 does no good in MA for display purposes. It only allows you to purchase and if you are extremely lucky store. You have to get on the good side of the State Fire Marshal to even get a Magazine in this state. I am willing to bet those type 54's are using mag variances from other states. I only know of 1 approved 1.3 Magazine in the state. Most people that start looking into getting Type 54's around here are stopped after they get through reading our State fireworks code CMR 2. You can buy all the fireworks you want with the federal license but you can't shoot them off in shows or even test them without a State Certificate of Competency from the Fire Marshal's Office. To get that license you have to be on a crew for 3 years, have done at least 10 shows and have 2 other licensed people from MA sign off on your application. After the application is submitted you have to take an exam at the Fire Marshals office which covers CMR 2 and NFPA 1123 where CMR 2 doesn't cover. Last check in the State Fire Marshals online license search there are 122 of us that have Certificate of Competency's for 1.3G fireworks. Very strange NH is kind of the same way as MA with Certificate of Competency's their own rules Saf C 5000 and the exam and apprentice structure before you can get a State License. RI is even worse for getting a State License and even more so after the Night Club fire. I am curious how many 54's are in RI? I am going to be moving up to NH and thinking about getting my Type 54. I will be able to pull my own permits and shoot my own product if I went that route since I can put my Certificate of Competency # down on the display permit application. Around the north east you pretty much have to work for a display company or join a club to experience the fun and excitement of 1.3G product. If you don't you may be stuck with a magazine full of product and no legal way to try any of it out. It is the Catch 22 of ME, MA, NH, CT, and RI that we have to deal with up here. Working for a large company we as Lead Technicians have to keep up on our state licenses so they don't lapse. Lately it seems like every year I am renewing and paying for one but it is the cost of doing business and having fun up here. I love your YouTube videos as well.

PyroManiacs
03-29-2013, 08:19 AM
Wow, what a bummer!