PDA

View Full Version : whistling chasers

thechemist45
02-19-2013, 09:09 AM
Hi I'm sharing with you a great find that I got as a avid shooter and collecter of old fireworks. These used to be the staple diet for the averadge american family along with bottle rockets and crackers pinwheels and roman candles. But for some reason it seams nobody is that interested in them on the 4th anymore? They were politically caller a slang name for african americans that was not right then nor is it now! But here is a photo of 2 from 1960 that are the best ones ever made. These are made by "Red Devil" they unlike today's whistle mix with sodium benzote these were made with picric acid and were definately. The best as I make my own on ocassion. The flash report at the end weighed in at almost 1gram!!!! That's a small cherrybomb! I lit one for nostalgic enjoyment and instead of 3feet like the new ones of today these went no exageration a good 45ft! In a big parking lot and whenever they hit a little bump in the parking lot it would jump up 2-3 ft into the air! These things were fantastic. I hope you enjoy this nostolgig and forgotten gem.