PDA

View Full Version : Form 54 question

Reichy
02-13-2013, 02:09 PM
I have received Dave's DVD set and I have started to fill out my Form 54. I have a question in reguards to #13 on the form: Is a State or local license or permit required for explosive business and/or operations? This is for the state of Michigan. If this is required can someone point me in the right direction. I am at work right now and can't remember if it was covered. This is only for a hobby.

I am from the Romeo area (between Sterling Heights and Imlay City) and would like to know if there is someone who I can contact for contingency storage or what other people in the area use for storage. Please send a PM for this request.

Thank you in advance for your help.

jknepp1954
02-13-2013, 03:04 PM
Good question as each state law is different. Even though CONSUMER fireworks in legal in Michigan now without any paperwork - 1.3 is a different animal altogether. I would imagine you would need whatever the AHJ paperwork says you need for a 1.3g show. SO i would say YES - but maybe someone has a different or better explained answer.

Glasscitypyro
02-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Only if your running an explosives buisness or for commerce you do. for just a backyard hobby no you just need your type 54 and a fireworks permit from the township and or city your shooting in.

Reichy
02-24-2013, 04:06 PM
I have sent out the paperwork to the ATF. Now the hard part......Waiting!