PDA

View Full Version : Dark Salutes

Glasscitypyro
02-03-2013, 04:54 PM
I know Dave is always talking about how he like salutes without the ti. in them I found Celebration Fireworks Inc. sells dark salutes in 3 and 4 inch shells. I I think there located in Pa.

PyroManiacs
02-04-2013, 12:32 AM
They are located in Kutztown, PA to be exact.

displayfireworks1
02-04-2013, 07:03 PM
I do not think those are the Dark Salutes we were referring to. I believe when that term is used commercially it means a salute without titanium or a straight flash salute. You will still see a flash in the sky with those. When we as hobbyist talk about a Dark Salute, we mean a salute that has no visible flash in the sky. Unless something has changed here I may not be aware of.

displayfireworks1
02-04-2013, 07:11 PM
I believe a few distributors sell the salutes without titanium, the problem now is salute shells are making their way into ambiguity. To get around the new regulations classifying a case of all salutes as a 1.1 product and all the storage requirements that go along with that, manufacturing in China now have all types of names of a case of salutes. I will not get into all the names here, but a distributor may be selling salutes under a different name.
Now that I read your question again I see what you are referring to. The best cheap “Dark Salutes” I remember were made in India. Of course, we have the ones made here in United States