PDA

View Full Version : Upside Down Excalibur Results

Jdrobinson13
01-25-2013, 01:39 AM
Here are my results using an upside down Excalibur shell in the new Excalibur mortars with the extra sleeve. I think this result was abnormal, but still interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn-_jSWI4cs

Here is another video done by NicksFireworkDemos (who I don't believe is on the forums) that had the results that I expected and that I am sure the sleeve was meant to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O1u33j7hF0

Pyro Nation
01-25-2013, 01:47 AM
I wonder if there was added cost now to the excals by the case for this feature

Jdrobinson13
01-25-2013, 12:45 PM
Surely there is an added production cost, however, I did not see any cost increases at the retail level in my area.

jknepp1954
01-25-2013, 03:23 PM
Interesting vids. Yeah - i was kinda surprised by the first vid, i had expected a similar result as the 2nd one.
The wholesale prices were up some from 2011 to 2012. They NEVER go down! LMAO
Retail - probably the retailers just simply had a slightly smaller profit margin.

Jdrobinson13
01-25-2013, 05:52 PM
The wholesale prices were up some from 2011 to 2012. They NEVER go down! LMAO

Ain't that the true! Yeah I saw a lot of retail prices around $55 last year. I assumed a small price increase to around $60 would have occurred to just keep similar profit margins as previous years. Of course they didn't ask me how to price their products :)

displayfireworks1
01-26-2013, 10:13 PM
Nice videos, now we see how these mortars behave when a shell is loaded wrong. If World Class has a “patent pending” on this design, it will be interesting to see what other manufactures come up with

mnb071605
01-27-2013, 01:23 AM
I don't now if they are exactly the same or not, but Red Rhino also has mortar tubes that are like the Excalibur tubes. They come with their Max'd out canister shells(similar to the exals), and also with their largest reloadable kit, I think the name is power of pride. They also came out with their design this year.

Jdrobinson13
01-27-2013, 01:41 PM
I don't now if they are exactly the same or not, but Red Rhino also has mortar tubes that are like the Excalibur tubes. They come with their Max'd out canister shells(similar to the exals), and also with their largest reloadable kit, I think the name is power of pride. They also came out with their design this year.

Hm, I didn't know that. Thanks for letting us know! I'll have to try to get my hands on some of those kits to take a closer look at those mortars.