PDA

View Full Version : Kellners Fireworks Demo 2013!

PyroManiacs
01-01-2013, 11:05 AM
So the dates are up... April 4 - 6, 2013!
Already making plans to get a hotel!

jknepp1954
01-01-2013, 04:58 PM
The past 2 years we were staying at the quality inn - behind Kings Restaurant - will probably stay there again this year.

PyroManiacs
01-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Good to know, Thanks Joyce!

Steviet000
01-02-2013, 05:08 AM
The way he/they closed Kings down and opened it just for us pyros after the 1.3 demo was awesome. Gonna go again I believe.

PyroJoeNEPA
01-02-2013, 02:11 PM
My room is booked! Staying at the Quality Inn--just behind King's Family Restaurant. There was a pile of us that stayed there last year. No complaints. Highly recommend it.
Quality Inn (http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-barkeyville-pennsylvania-PA350) (PA350)

137 Gibb Road, Barkeyville, PA, US, 16038 Phone: (814) 786-7901

PyroManiacs
01-02-2013, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the details Joe, much appreciated.

Pyro Nation
01-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Ill be there till Saturday then heading back. Will see everyone on the B-Line who will be there..

PyroManiacs
01-02-2013, 09:56 PM
That Saturday is the last day. So i guess we will all be heading back... lol. Or do you just mean your leaving after the demo that night?

Pyro Nation
01-03-2013, 12:06 AM
Not staying for the demo wasnt to impressed last year. Be heading back that morning after breakfast. More about hanging out with everyone thursday night and getting 50% off..lol

PyroManiacs
01-03-2013, 07:44 AM
...and getting 50% off..lol

HAHAHA, awesome!

algrant1
01-03-2013, 11:17 AM
I just booked my room for Kellner's Demo. I am looking forward in going and meeting everyone.

pyrodisco
01-03-2013, 11:01 PM
I've seen posts and videos about Kellner's demo days. I'm interested in attending. I see they have open shooting too and the PGI training course. Being a newbie to the professional fireworks (just got my ATF license in September) would people recommend taking the course? With regard to the open shooting do you just bring your racks and shoot or do you have to register?

I look forward to meeting those attending and put some faces to screen names.

Thanks!

Pyro Nation
01-03-2013, 11:09 PM
1. I would definitely suggest you take the PGI Course. Depending on the day I will be there helping with the course possibly.

2. You do not have to register for open shoot, its more of a free for all. Bring your own racks for sure. And if buying 1.3 you better buy early because they run out

PyroJoeNEPA
01-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Like Pyroliffic said--plan to take the PGI Safety Course. It is good for 3 years and will be a big help when applying for a permit for a shoot whether it is class c or class b product. Authorities like to know you are "safety conscience". I took the course before I even applied for my 54.

Open shooting is only on Thursday night.
Schedule isn't posted on Kellner's site yet so I don't know for sure about the PGI class--but it usually is held on Thursday & on Saturday. Most likely will be the same this year. Watch their site for details.

Class C demo is on Friday & Class B demo is on Saturday. Bummer if you see something you like on Friday or Saturday and want to get "one or two to bring back home" since the "buy any loose pieces at case price" $$$ deal is only on Thursday. But, it is a great deal so who can complain, right?

Also, if you are coming in from the east side of PA, plan to make a side trip to see Joyce at Kneppys Fireworks. They are only a few minutes off of I-80 and Joyce & the staff will take great care of you. A bunch of us stop by there first & stock up on goodies then meet at Kings for lunch. Great pyro days they are.
Remember, though--Kellners open shoot is (supposed to be) only for product purchased from Kellners. Not saying nobody has ever shot anything else off there---just saying what the rules are & that they should be respected.

Looks like there will be a bunch of new faces there this year. I'm looking forward to meeting you all & like Pyrodisco said--put faces to the screen names.

crackerbomb
01-04-2013, 09:26 PM
I'm planning on going this year.

Westpapyro
01-05-2013, 11:56 PM
Not to far of a drive for me,I'll be there. Can't wait to meet everyone. Hey pgi. Members your convention is in slippery rock this year,even closer to me. Should I join? Googled fireworks,butler county to find?

jknepp1954
01-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Not to far of a drive for me,I'll be there. Can't wait to meet everyone. Hey pgi. Members your convention is in slippery rock this year,even closer to me. Should I join? Googled fireworks,butler county to find?
YES YES YES - by all means joining PGI this year is an ABSOLUTE MUST for you!!! Gosh - it is what - like a whole 30 or 40 miles away? LOL
http://www.pgi.org/convention/2013
See you all at Kellners!
Joyce

displayfireworks1
01-06-2013, 03:29 PM
If anyone is thinking about joining the Pyrotechnic Guild International hold on a little longer, I am going to be running a recruitment drive for some new people to join. I am in talks with them now. I am hoping to get it all set up on pyrotalk.

PyroManiacs
01-07-2013, 09:40 AM
I will hold back for that Dave.

Westpapyro
01-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Dave, just shoot me an email when you finalize your plans.

Steviet000
01-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Yeah let us know. I plan on joining in about a month or so..........

Pyro Nation
01-15-2013, 04:46 AM
There is a possibility that the demo may be moved to May. Since they have not gotten there containers in yet. Just want people be aware. Call Kellners and find out for sure over next few days

jknepp1954
01-15-2013, 07:59 AM
Just hope not May 3 & 4 as that is when ours (Kneppy's Fireworks) is... :(

PyroJoeNEPA
01-21-2013, 05:19 PM
I just got an email a while ago that Kellners did move their Demo to May 2,3,& 4. Conflicts with Kneppys on May 3rd & 4th and also Kemps demo on May 4th. Somehow I have the feeling there won't be as many people there for Friday & Saturday as they would have had.

PyroManiacs
01-21-2013, 05:26 PM
someone should move their demo date so there are no conflictions.

pyro1361
01-21-2013, 08:03 PM
IPI demo is in the planning stages the tentative date is MAY 18TH with a open shoot that day too. More details to come

Pyro Nation
01-21-2013, 09:21 PM
May 18th.. damn I am at a wedding that day

at Pyromaniac... moving a demo isnt as easy as you think.. Booking them is a long process and can be financially impossible sometimes... so this is Kellners issue to deal with. I prefer to be at others than theres anyways..

pyro1361
01-21-2013, 09:27 PM
Pyroliffic It might be the week before the 18th trying to set everything up. He is right setting up a demo is alot of work and a long process, then you have to hope all your containers make it in time.

PyroManiacs
01-21-2013, 09:50 PM
Def going to IPI!

Pyro Nation
01-21-2013, 10:35 PM
Well, the 11th would be awesome if that would fall on it... LOL Pretty PLEASE!!..lol

jknepp1954
01-22-2013, 06:11 AM
May 18th.. damn I am at a wedding that day

at Pyromaniac... moving a demo isnt as easy as you think.. Booking them is a long process and can be financially impossible sometimes... so this is Kellners issue to deal with. I prefer to be at others than theres anyways..
True - very true. I learned the HARD way 2 years ago we had it scheduled with the park the fall before, but about 1 month ahead i called to reconfirm the dates, only to find out the fire dept messed up somehow - got the dates mixed up in their book, and they had their own big event happening the same weekend, so i had to MOVE both the location and attain permits in a diff twp and was a very difficult task to find a place that would handle not only the crowd/parking but also had the safety distances we needed and with electric for the sound system too boot! But finally found one after a week of looking - boy i was sweating bullets that year....
One thing for sure - something to do that whole weekend to scratch your pyro itch whether it is at Kellners, Celebration Fireworks, or Kneppy's - and that is just in this part of the USA!

PyroManiacs
01-22-2013, 08:26 AM
Now thats crazy right there!!

PyroJoeNEPA
01-22-2013, 10:26 AM
FYI--anyone going to Kellners new demo dates & planning to stay at the Comfort Inn in Barkeyville [814-786-7901] I suggest you call & book your room ASAP. When I called yesterday to change/modify my booking they told me there was a graduation event [or something??] at the local school that weekend & they expected to get filled up. Remember, the early bird gets the worm--or, in this case, the room.
A bunch of us will be meeting for lunch on Thursday at Kings Family Restraunt right next to the hotel. If this is your first trip out, let us know & come join us. Always room for another pyro at the table!!!

jknepp1954
01-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Could be Prom night or maybe Clarion University graduation.
I know for here - it is Penn State Graduation in this part.

Pyro Nation
01-23-2013, 04:27 AM
True - very true. I learned the HARD way 2 years ago we had it scheduled with the park the fall before, but about 1 month ahead i called to reconfirm the dates, only to find out the fire dept messed up somehow - got the dates mixed up in their book, and they had their own big event happening the same weekend, so i had to MOVE both the location and attain permits in a diff twp and was a very difficult task to find a place that would handle not only the crowd/parking but also had the safety distances we needed and with electric for the sound system too boot! But finally found one after a week of looking - boy i was sweating bullets that year....
One thing for sure - something to do that whole weekend to scratch your pyro itch whether it is at Kellners, Celebration Fireworks, or Kneppy's - and that is just in this part of the USA!

Or you can try and do all 3!!!!!!

Thursday Kellners, then have breakfast with all and head to kneppys for Friday then, head to Celebration for Saturday..or atleast that is a gameplan I may be doing...

PyroJoeNEPA
01-24-2013, 04:35 PM
My schedule is Kellners on Thursday, Kneppy's Friday for open shoot, Kneppy's Saturday for Demo Night. Sunday ---head back home to my very patient & pyro friendly wifey & try & get all the black soot out of my nose!!!