PDA

View Full Version : Two new videos one free

displayfireworks1
12-18-2012, 12:07 AM
These two videos will eventually appear on the pyrotalk website. One is free and the other is very inexpensive.

www.sparkeo.com/video/183398 (http://www.sparkeo.com/video/183398) Four video for one price

http://www.sparkeo.com/video/183397 Free

To give further information on this new addition to pyrotalk, once a video is purchased you can watch it more than once.

pyrola
12-19-2012, 10:22 PM
When I joined this board, I was under the impression that it was a place for people who love fireworks would tell war stories, exchange techniques, discuss products and all things pyro. I didn't think it would a place where you are constantly being sold home made videos.

You may want to take your foot off the pedal Dave.

displayfireworks1
12-20-2012, 02:54 AM
I think to call my videos “Home Made” is actually a derogatory remark and may be some sort of leveling technique on your part. My videos have made an impact on the fireworks industry in many positive ways from licensing, educating and promoting sales of fireworks etc. Everyone that advertises with me is permitted to market their products or services on the forums. This also includes me. No one should have to justify making a legal living, but if I had to, I would tell you this website, a webmaster on a monthly retainer, six camcorders, two top of line computers, specialized software, gas, hotels , club membership , fireworks …the list goes on and on. Anyone in any type of business venture will understand, it is called expenses.
I make decisions based on what is necessary to keep things going, cover expenses and turn a profit. These elements are essential to any business. When the expenses are not being covered, the website is over. There is a whole list of those before me that failed at a fireworks related website. I am trying to not be one of those people. You do not have to like it and can just choose to ignore it. I think I said in another comment I feel the real market for the pay videos is not from people on the forums but from my youtube audience where soon to be 12 thousand people are subscribed to my “Home Made” videos. Once I develop it further, I will announce it on youtube. In the near future you are going to see me market some products for people in the business, because these “Home Make” videos help their sales and promote their new products. The fireworks industry needs promoted and I feel I am the person to do it. Therefore, you have to bear through some marketing from time to time or just leave the forums.

pyrola
12-20-2012, 03:02 PM
The point of my message was that ever since you came out and said that you were selling your videos the majority of the posts after that were all about buying videos. You have a right to make $ and cover your costs for your videos but you may want to rethink your marketing strategy. In my opinion, message boards are for people to interact and shoot the s about whatever and in this particular case fireworks. It just seems like there has been a shift from in the overall theme of your board. From free place for fireworks people to talk to netflix for fireworks videos. Just my opinion. It is obviously your site and you can do whatever you choose.

BJV1
12-20-2012, 04:49 PM
+1 I agree 100%
BJV1

displayfireworks1
12-22-2012, 02:53 AM
Look like Netflix ? The whole website looks like Netflix, that is what I do make fireworks videos. What ever is posted on this board is read by more than just the people that are members of the forums. I try to announce what I am doing on the forums because of that. The forums are an extension of pyrotalk as opposed to a freestanding discussion area. Videos are part of the forums. What goes on with the website and my videos is part of the forums. It does not mean you can not participate and educate new people and talk about your experiences. I welcome those postings as long as it follows the general rules. I guess you are free to state your opinion; however, the direction of the website and forums is ultimately my decision.
I do not remember hearing complaints when I posted or sent out my free unlisted video links to videos no one else could see. I am going to try to state this respectfully, the reality is, support ( not necessarily financial) for what I do i.e., this website, fireworks videos, ATF license, etc. is supported by new or novice fireworks enthusiast, new and established fireworks enthusiast from outside of United States and finally people that sell fireworks and fireworks related products. Every time I hear criticism or get resistance it is from established users of fireworks in United States, I have a couple of different theories on that, and that is a different story. If, I would let these established users of fireworks set the direction I should do things, I would have been done with all this in 2007.
What does all this mean? It means you can continue to be a part of the forums and do your thing, from time to time I may add something you do not like. Currently I am thinking about opening up the forums to my youtube subscribers that are over 18 years of age. Things may start looking very different when that happens.

LightningPhil
12-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Just a quick question. What is stopping your youtube subscribers from joining the pyrotalk forums right now? Not trying to cause problems, just wondering.