PDA

View Full Version : As of Oct. 27th 2012 I have assisted with 6 shows to date.

PyroJW
12-10-2012, 09:16 PM
I feel very fortunate to find such a great Display Company only by luck( short but long story lol) and to do six shows in such a short time frame and I did miss one show as I was Racing .(I'm also a Drag Racer) My first shoot was at a Shooters School, next two shoots were at the Nascar race in Dallas,TX, 4th shoot was for a bull riding event, we had several very big gas mines and utilized the Fireone system. 5th shoot was for a small east Texas city. 18 min show with 480-3's, several 4's-5's & 6's. 6th show was a small close prox at the TCU/OU college football game. This Friday Dec.14th we have a private show $20k. Smallest shell is 5in, largest is 10in.. Really excited about this show and also a birthday show on Sat. with maybe a few 12's. I am also currently working to get my Texas operator's license and type 54 as well. Just wanting to share my excitment with all the other Pyro's. What was everyone else's time frame on shows when they started with 1.3? How many shows did you do your first year?

Pyro Nation
12-10-2012, 09:29 PM
AWESOME. My first year I did 8, but that was only due to time restraint's on my part. It could of been a lot more. This year I did 17 shows. Felt like a million though.

displayfireworks1
12-10-2012, 11:23 PM
At PyroJW

I am happy for you, you sound like you are rolling along in professional fireworks. You must be doing a great job they keep inviting you back for more displays. Prior to this year how involved were you in fireworks?

Dave displayfireworks1

PyroJW
12-11-2012, 09:16 AM
17 shows is for sure a good amount in one year.
@ Dave I have been a 1.4 consumer junkie since I was first introduced to fireworks from my father. I was probably 5-6 years old. I use to mow every yard in the neighborhood and then spend it all at the Fireworks stand. After years of buying retail I decided to look into buying wholesale. As of last year I can buy Wholesale from Jake's & Hales. My daughter is 2 and can tell you the difference between a rocket and a cake. She also love's her racecars LOL.

mnb071605
12-11-2012, 10:50 PM
My first year, I think I did about 10. I am blessed to have associations with 2 different companies. Between 1.4, 1.3, and close prox, by the end of this year, I will have shot or helped with 28 shows. I shoot for the local minor league baseball team, the Arkansas Razorback football team, 3 indoor close prox events, a couple of personal shows, a 25k church show, College of the Ozarks in Branson. I also helped with the Red Rhino company demo in April, and the Red Rhino 1.4 competition in Joplin. I stayed VERY busy this year. Loved every minute of it though.

PyroManiacs
12-11-2012, 11:04 PM
AWESOME. My first year I did 8, but that was only due to time restraint's on my part. It could of been a lot more. This year I did 17 shows. Felt like a million though.

DAMN!!! I hope to be doing at least half that this upcoming year! Hook it up! :)