PDA

View Full Version : Ground Concussion Pot

FRWKSFAN1
11-29-2012, 10:50 PM
I have read a few posts that reference using ground concussion pots to supplement effects such as Cremora Fireballs. I have built several cremora fireballs and would like more information on ground concussion pots in order to use with my Cremoras.

PyroMonkey
12-04-2012, 12:35 AM
One common technique is to use a ground salute, wired in series or parallel with the Cremora (or Dragon's Breath). If one makes their own salute, an e-match port can easily be built into the device. Some display operators use commercial aerial salutes with the lift charge removed, and modified so that the e-match bypasses the time fuse delay. The logic is that this allows the device to be covered under the display company's insurance, as a product sold by the company. The technique for doing this is inherently risky, so I'd rather not post details in this thread. PM if interested.

displayfireworks1
12-04-2012, 08:37 PM
My experience with the concussion pots is they are good for flash powder and the size is too small to use for Cremora. I remember using them on professional displays. Once you place the electric match in the little hole on the bottom, you then mix together the A and B mixture and drop it in the hole. I remember there were two different mixtures based on loudness. The loudest was called “coliseum” I forget what the other smaller one was called. We used them on a building near the second floor as the audience was at ground level. It is basically shooting flash powder out of a very thick pipe. It is a good example of how little containment flash powder needs. I could swear we used to call them flash pots instead of concussion pots.