PDA

View Full Version : Unlisted Fireworks Videos

displayfireworks1
11-13-2012, 06:41 PM
If you are a registered member of pyrotalk.com please check your email. I just sent out a link to my newest fireworks video. If you wish, you may see the video before its public release with that link. I debated for two months if I was going to release this video and eventually decided to do so. This will be the same email you used to register with.
If for some reason you do not receive the link, please post here that you did not. Then someone can privately send you the link. Please do not publicly post the video. I will eventually do so.

Dave displayfireworks1

pyro1361
11-13-2012, 07:26 PM
I did not get this email

EddieD
11-14-2012, 12:45 AM
Neither did I Dave.

SpanishPyro
11-14-2012, 05:21 AM
Not here, also.

algrant1
11-14-2012, 09:29 AM
Hi Dave, no email received

UniversalPyro
11-14-2012, 06:08 PM
Just my opinion, you need to get more variety on what companies your working/filming with.

displayfireworks1
11-14-2012, 06:34 PM
To those that did not receive the link to the unlisted video. Please check your forums account and be sure it is registered to an email account you are actively using. When I send the link out the program is sending it to the email account you have on file with your username. Other variables may be it is in your spam folder.
At UniversalPyro I will take that as a compliment that you must have watched all of my videos and need more. I believe I covered most major and minor pyrotechnic events in a reasonable geographic area near me. There are people from all over the world discussing pyrotechnics in their respective countries. I will have to defend my website and videos as having the most extensive coverage on the internet. If you have some fireworks adventure videos to post that would be nice. Do you have any display setups or ?

UniversalPyro
11-14-2012, 10:27 PM
im really just speaking about your latest video, I have watched the past videos. You can defend your website and your correct for what your saying, but where are you taking the website? Now your talking about people that may yell at you at a shoot? and how others don't like to be videotaped? But then again, maybe it will be a talking point on the site.

DTMpyro
11-14-2012, 11:41 PM
I didn't get the email either.

displayfireworks1
11-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Please double check your pyrotalk email account. I also forgot to mention you have to be sure you have the option enabled to receive emails from the system administrator. I released the video public yesterday you may view it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUHQv9pyK4w

displayfireworks1
11-15-2012, 11:02 AM
At UniversalPyro

As previous stated I thought for two months before releasing this video. It is one of over 600 videos. Overall, it is less than 1% of the total.
When I started with these fireworks videos a group of about 20 fireworks enthusiast predicted doom and gloom was going to come upon the entire fireworks industry. Because I did not embrace their philosophy of keeping pyrotechnics under a big cloud of secrecy, they have done nothing but try to stop me. If you have been around you know where this originates. I included a piece of it in one of these videos; it is painful to hear I know. However, it sure does give you a taste of the underlying hatred. Not the guy in the field of course, he is just a random jerk. Although it is painful to listen to him also.
Therefore, while all this doom and gloom was predicted to come upon the fireworks industry and enthusiast because of me, I have personally not seen it. I have not heard one complaint from an anti-fireworks organization. I had one complaint from the ATF because one of these 20 people turned me in for something in an effort to stop me. The ATF leaves me alone. I have thousands of fireworks enthusiasts from across the world following my videos, I helped many people get their ATF license, and others are using electronic firing systems and advanced fusing techniques. I help people that sell fireworks get new customers, the list goes on and on.
Fast forward from the doom and gloom predictions years ago, the only thing that remains consistent is there is still a group of 20 fireworks enthusiast that are trying to stop me. It is not the ATF, CPSC, the PGI, the American Pyrotechnic Association or any fireworks company. Therefore, after all these years it is still 20 unseen apparently influential fireworks enthusiast still preaching hatred. If one of them approaches me, I am going to expose it. The focus of my videos and website will continue, have fun with fireworks, find more occasions to use fireworks, get your ATF license etc

Palermitano2
11-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Dave great job keeping your cool....That guy was out of control. I was in a similar situation last summer and needless to say I am confident the person who gave me crap will never give a random stranger a hard time again.

SpanishPyro
11-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Dave, double checked. Mail is OK, receive email from administrator is also checked. No mails in Spam or inbox... sadly :(

Will wait until you release them, no problem ;)

Steviet000
11-16-2012, 10:50 PM
No email from you.

hokester44
11-17-2012, 12:16 PM
I see why Dave debated releasing this... it had a weird feel to it from the moment we learn that a show that size was going to be fired before dark... seems wasteful almost.

However, I commend you for keeping your cool Dave... I understand that the guy was upset, but you dont approach a stranger with that language or aggression. You're a better man than me; because I guarantee if that happened to me, Groundskeeper Willie's next stop would be the dentist.

Northern Sky
11-17-2012, 02:05 PM
I see why Dave debated releasing this... it had a weird feel to it from the moment we learn that a show that size was going to be fired before dark... seems wasteful almost.

However, I commend you for keeping your cool Dave... I understand that the guy was upset, but you dont approach a stranger with that language or aggression. You're a better man than me; because I guarantee if that happened to me, Groundskeeper Willie's next stop would be the dentist.

I am not sure that would have been the smartest way to proceed. You would have been paying for Willie's new teeth from a jail cell stemming from your aggravated assault charge that he and the university would have slapped on you.

Dave handled it correctly since he was a guest of the fireworks company. Had he conducted himself differently it would have been a bad reflection on himsef and the company.

The grounds crew and safety crew have to protect the grounds and audience during commercial shoots. There is a lot of liability involve. Something that CAN NOT be taken lightly!

It is best to keep beer and beer muscles at home when working with fireworks. There is no room for either on a 1.3g shoot site.

displayfireworks1
11-17-2012, 06:50 PM
When the man came up from behind me quickly, it confused me. I figured it was best to walk away however, he continued to purse me. When I am a guest like this or if I am hired to work a display, I always have to keep the companies interest in mind. If you look back at how many events I video and how many companies give me access, they need to know I am not going to react in a way that is detrimental to them. To be honest I wish he would have hit me or pushed me. Having all that on video would have got him fired for sure. If I would have hit him it would have made his behavior look appropriate in the video. The school was upset and said no matter what happened he should not have responded in the way he did. They did not want the school to be associated with this type of behavior. That is why I debated for two months to post it. I also did not tag it with the school name. Moreover, we want John with VFI Fireworks to get more displays at the school. If John gets more fireworks displays at the school I am sure he will let me do another video. I will be sure to bring my green motorcycle, green shirt and my camcorder. And let that mothe.. Fu… say something to me this time. LOL

PyroJW
11-17-2012, 10:01 PM
Wow is all I can say and this gentleman works at the school district. He should be terminated regardless if he is a sub contractor. Your the better person about it and handled the situation better than I would have. Props to u for not kicking his A$$.

PyroManiacs
11-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Dave, this must be the most insightful video you have posted..... We need more videos like this. Exposure of these people, I agree.

Fantastic Vid!!

hokester44
11-19-2012, 02:41 PM
I am not sure that would have been the smartest way to proceed. You would have been paying for Willie's new teeth from a jail cell stemming from your aggravated assault charge that he and the university would have slapped on you.

Dave handled it correctly since he was a guest of the fireworks company. Had he conducted himself differently it would have been a bad reflection on himsef and the company.

The grounds crew and safety crew have to protect the grounds and audience during commercial shoots. There is a lot of liability involve. Something that CAN NOT be taken lightly!

It is best to keep beer and beer muscles at home when working with fireworks. There is no room for either on a 1.3g shoot site.

Northern,
The purpose of the post was to commend Dave for how he handled it. I think everyone would agree that the individual that approached him was aggressive and using unnecessarily abusive, threatening language. Additionally, since Dave was wearing a VFI t-shirt, I agree that he was representative of the display company. Take away the t-shirt, and he's just a guy with a camera. I can't tell if the individual laid hands on Dave, or pushed him... but that's where the line is drawn whether you agree or not. Finally, the shoot itself had nothing to do with the conflict; it was over a motorcycle.

The "Groundskeeper Willie" comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, so I'm sorry you took it literally and felt the need to reply. The incident occurred a good distance from the shoot site, and obviously nobody is suggesting a brawl is appropriate while shooting a 1.3 display.

Northern Sky
11-22-2012, 01:41 AM
" The incident occurred a good distance from the shoot site, and obviously nobody is suggesting a brawl is appropriate while shooting a 1.3 display."

I must have read this differently than you intended then. I don't usually refer to someone's next stop being the dentist because they have something caught in their teeth. Regardless of how "YOU" think you would have handled it differently, Dave handled it correctly. When a contractor is on university grounds, we are guests of the university. If asked to leave, I suggest stopping what you are doing and following directions.

The grounds keepers are there to keep the grounds and perform their "full-time jobs" to the satisfaction of the university. There are universities in this area that prohibit walking on the grass let alone driving a motorcycle or box truck. When it is your property you make the rules. In the eyes of the grounds keeper the fireworks crew was firing the fireworks and someone drove across a restricted area, nothing more nothing less.

Again, I will repeat myself by saying that Dave reaction was the correct reaction. To escalate the situation could have gone badly for everyone involved. I am sure you will agree with me on that.

Short fuses have many uses in the fireworks world but, on the part of guests, videographers, and crew there is no call for it. Defuse the situation, move on and figure out how to avoid like situations in the future. Maybe like being in position before the display starts like Dave suggested himself.
hokester44, sorry to single you out but again this was escalating to an distructive level and needed to be defused.