PDA

View Full Version : Happy Belated Halloween

displayfireworks1
11-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Happy belated Halloween. Here on the eastern end of United States many of us did not celebrate Halloween on October 31 due to the sever storms that hit the east coast. Halloween will be celebrated tonight where I live. Here is my Halloween video from a few years back in case you missed it. I do not think I could ever make a better on than this one. Happy Halloween everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiVEZEIERRw

tarkus4
11-04-2012, 12:04 AM
I agree Dave. I think it's a great video.

Pyro Nation
11-04-2012, 07:37 AM
HAPPY Belated..Now that I finally got power back the clean up begins.. So much damage....

displayfireworks1
11-04-2012, 11:57 AM
At Pyrolific

Speaking of the storms, I installed a device that finally came in handy. Perhaps you will remember a few years ago during the winter we had that severe storm. My electricity was out for days; I have a natural gas furnace and was unable to run it due to lack of power. We froze our ass off, I do have a portable generator and propane lights but heat was a real issue. I promised my self I would never let this happen again to me. That summer I installed a furnace electrical by-pass that I used the night of this most recent storm when the power went out.
When I heard the storm was approaching I was sure to purchase a fresh supply of gasoline and had my generator on deck ready for use. As predicted, the power went out that night when the winds came in. I at first used the propane torches for light then within a few hours the temperature of the house dropped. I used the generator to supply the furnace with power heater the home to 80 degrees and shut everything down. I moved the manual switch back to line and went to bed. The power must have returned on early in the AM and we were ok.
If you have a gas furnace and live in the storm areas, I would recommend the device I have in the video below. I am not an electrical expert however, I was able to install it. You will not find this device at your local retail supple shops but you will find it on line. I believe the price was $75.00.
Just wanted to give some friendly advice to those living in these storm prone areas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-vnaBXdvHQ
I just wanted to add many people may not know that a wire runs from the furnace to supply power to the thermostat, this will supply power to any high tech thermostat you have at the same time it supplies power to the furnace.

hatsgoods
11-04-2012, 07:31 PM
yes you are right im a eletricain and you did it right :)

Pyro Nation
11-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Thanks Dave...will look into that and as well a transfer switch for the generator I bought

LightningPhil
11-07-2012, 09:48 PM
In your video Dave, you actually show a grounding bond that ties your neutral bar to the box (which is grounded). Look in the video 3 screws below your green wire on the neutral bar you can see what im talking about. Most residential homes in the U.S. have this bond that ties your electrical panel to the neutral bar. If you disconnect that bond, the neutral bar becomes isolated from the electrical panel and you can then split the grounds and neutrals if you add a ground bar to the back of the panel, however that is not necessary in your home. You did a great job explaining the procedure, I just wanted to point that out.