PDA

View Full Version : Question about my backyard show

tonyewell72778
10-01-2012, 04:49 PM
I just bought 500 dr-11 tubs . Do you think i still need a bunch of 500 grams cakes ? I'm planning to using 140 tubs for my grand finale . That would leave me 360 to play with . I would appreciate any help. Thanks tony

PyroLove77
10-01-2012, 05:37 PM
I suppose it depends on a few things. Are you hand firing your show or electronically? I'm assuming you are quick fusing the finale, but what else did you have in mind? Honestly, you probably need to look into more 200 grams cakes instead of 500g ones, In my opinion. 500g cakes are usually slower shooting and sometimes it is nice to have 4-5 200g cakes going at once, which can be both cheap and easy. I'd say look into that, as 500g cakes will be firing at a similar level to your mortars and would just get mixed in. Also maybe look into some mines or other effects. Shells are great, but nothing but shells will be somewhat plain.

I've always done a finale board with 10 or cakes (Usually 200g ones that fire decently fast) quick fused together in front and had mortars behind that to give a multi-level experience and different effects to the finale. I also am usually shooting smaller cakes while I have mortars going, again to have a multi-level effect and to have different effects going on around the sky. But that is just what I like. I've always liked cakes, as they are less overall work. Fusing 500 shells together is going to be quite a task.

tonyewell72778
10-01-2012, 06:04 PM
I have the Cobar firing system with 6 modulus

Iowa_Pyro_Team
10-01-2012, 06:33 PM
i also own the cobra it's a jack ass system 2.18R2 and 28 Modules and plan on adding more soon

Northern Sky
10-01-2012, 10:00 PM
tony. If you only shoot one size of product it will get pretty boring really fast. Variety of product, sizes and effects is what makes for exciting displays. I would suggest you watch some musicals and other shows and see what appeals to you and try to make your show look like the ones you like the most. Bigger isn't always better. Variety is the spice of life.

copper acetoarsenite
10-01-2012, 10:28 PM
If you only shoot one size of product it will get pretty boring really fast.
not necessarily....it depends..although I know what you mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZI-e1IjEJA
they (http://they) clipped the best part with the thousand thunder shells at the end here though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLxaAWiV9jQ

Extremepyro1
10-01-2012, 10:34 PM
I agree that it might get a little old as long as you get some 200g, giant roman candles, and maybe like mine cakes or rockets if you want. Btw you should record the show and setup and post it on youtube.

tonyewell72778
10-01-2012, 11:12 PM
THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP. I appreciate it

Northern Sky
10-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Thanks for sharing the videos. Nice comparison, 1.75 to 12 inch. Both of video had spectacular product both were as predictable as the shell shot before. Follow the tail admire the break still not very exciting time and time again. The first one had multiple stations but so what. In my opinion a musical or even just a great mix of product and effects gets my vote every time. These videos reminded me of a product demo. Number 36. (**&. Number 37. (*^. Rinse Repeat. Everyone of those shells are awesome I would love to see everyone first hand. but I got tired of watching both videos.

Again. Variety is the spice of life. I would get tired of eating steak and lobster day in and day out. It is the burgers and chicken veggies and fruit mixed in that make the surf and turf unforgettable. What was the fifth effect in each of those videos? how many breaks? How many stations? What segment stood out to you? Yeah me too. Kind of ran together.

not necessarily....it depends..although I know what you mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZI-e1IjEJA
they (http://they) clipped the best part with the thousand thunder shells at the end here though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLxaAWiV9jQ

copper acetoarsenite
10-02-2012, 04:03 AM
Nothern Sky I wasn't trying to compare 1.75 inch shells to 12" that would be absurd..lol simply addressing ...your statement about getting pretty, boring...

now as far as the first sequence...listen to the rythm each volley is fired in a slightly different way...the sound of the lift and the burst create a very moving rythym and the variety was amazing, not only visually, ALOT of choreography went into that, just as difficult as a pyromusical, the effect of just the sounds of the shells in space and time is called 'the music of fire' in this case the fireworks were like percussion instruments and it was a very dynamic display...there were many types of shells, seen but if you think the Aoki Enka company is boring...i don't know what to say..lol, what pyro would not wanna watch those big bombs just exploding?...plus notice the length of the segment the 300 festival is always 5 or 6 minutes, so as not to be boring...the point I was making by posting that was not to compare 1.75" shells with 12' but to illustrate that in pyrotechny there's a place for every technique if used correctly...

as far as the second segment it was a showcase display...the most complex shells in Japan are 12's more sophisticated than the 24s 36's or 48's, it was meant that the viewer enjoy and appreciate each shell individually..I don't have a licence but I keep up with commercial shells; I can see if something is Yung Feng or An Ping, or San Tai...let me tell you no one outside of Japan is making those shells it's a very rare treat to see such a show case..in fact even in Japan the labor on such pieces is so much that they only real way to correctly display them is in a showcase display..and again the display had a distinct rhythm and was well choreographed...to me and I'm not a 'pyrosnob' by any definition both of those displays were incredible..far from boring...just my take on it...we will each enjoy different styles :-)

copper acetoarsenite
10-02-2012, 07:58 AM
...just to add when I say no one I mean no one, not Malta, not Spain, Not Italy, not PGI, NO ONE but Japan...they remain unexcelled in round shells...heretofore unexcelled!

Backyard Pyro
10-02-2012, 07:56 PM
I always recommend having 200g and 500g just cause they have many effects that you can add in your show. The finale usually is just a bunch of sky puke anyway but having a wide spread and multi layer effects always makes it more appealing to most. A mix of 200g and 500g and a barrage of mortars for the finale is always a crowd pleaser. lol at least in my expierience it has been.

Backyard Pyro
10-02-2012, 07:58 PM
You could also set up some seperate racks to shoot shells randomly in your show. Mines, comets etc.