PDA

View Full Version : Going E-fire with Cobra Scripted Remote

burgerfiredept
09-28-2012, 11:09 PM
I would like to know if anyone has had much experience with the Cobra Scripted remote and Finale Software. I am very interested in that product. The software reminds me of my Light O Rama sequencing software for my christmas lights to music. I'm just looking for some performance feedback. Dave, I'm counting on you for your expertise as well.

Pyro Nation
09-29-2012, 08:40 AM
I have used it. So have a few others from the forum I know. Works NICELY! U would not be dissapointed. Soon Scott will be coming out with a AUDIO device that will connect to the 18R2 and sync music as well that way

displayfireworks1
09-29-2012, 08:40 AM
I currently do not have a scripted remote from Cobra Fireworks Firing Systems. That may change in the near future I do not know. I do have the complete business version of Finale Fireworks Software

copper acetoarsenite
09-29-2012, 10:54 AM
In gneral though, think it's important to realize that NO computer program can replace human imagination these are all tools that you yourself must maximize..they just help along same is true for any software...i'm saying this cuz I can tell when people try to let the computer do the artistry...I still love the fireworks but the soul is missing learn as much as possible about fireworks the these tools become extremlt effective!!!

PyroLove77
09-29-2012, 03:56 PM
I have used it. So have a few others from the forum I know. Works NICELY! U would not be dissapointed. Soon Scott will be coming out with a AUDIO device that will connect to the 18R2 and sync music as well that way

That's Awesome. I don't want to sound lame but some of the technology can be beyond me. I'm an absolute pyro fanatic, but I often feel like I can't keep up with the electronic side of things, which seems safer and much easier to script/fire shows than by hand! Cobra is honestly starting to make it easy for people like me. I'm hoping to purchase a cobra system soon and was going to go manual, but I'm thinking I might hold of a bit and see how this works out.

Northern Sky
10-01-2012, 10:29 AM
77. I have had my 18R for a while now and ordered the R2 when it first came out. Save your money and get the R2. Even if you are manual firing the R2 is the way to go. It does so much more for you than the 18R. If you have any thoughts of doing larger shows or musicals you will love the R2. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I have been part of some larger Cobra shows and feel confident using them myself. I have a computer engineering major for a son at PENN STATE so I too struggle with the computer side of things since he is the expert and I have had no reason to touch them for good reason.

Now that he is around less I have been forced to do more on my own and am getting a feel for things again. The Cobra is a piece of cake to work with. Any major issues the Cobra Team is available for assistance too.

mnb071605
10-11-2012, 12:50 AM
It works extremely well. I don't know if you saw the thread about the nfa 1.4 competition, but that is the setup that we used for the red rhino show.

hollywood1
04-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Hi I have had the 18r2 scripted remote for about 2 yrs and never any issues with them. I just bought a second remote in fact to use on different shows sites with the modules that My team has.. As for the Finale program I have yet to purchase it. But cobra firing systems also makes a compatible beta system for the same purpose. It doesnt have as many options as of yet as does the Finale fireworks program but does a good job if your on a budget. And the tech support on cobra is spot on and fast from the guys that designed the remotes and modules. And its free to talk to them about any questions you have.