PDA

View Full Version : Scouting for fireworks TV show

displayfireworks1
09-23-2012, 10:17 AM
I just received another request from a television production company looking to follow a fireworks company. They evidently do not want to follow me around. They want me to help them. The big fireworks companies are not what they are looking for. If you ever watched these reality shows, you have an idea what they are looking for.
To anyone reading this please send your suggestions outside of pyrotalk to my email at pyrotalk@gmail.com . The more you can tell me about your recommendation the better. Also, if they have pictures or video please send me the links.
It looks like they are really trying to make a fireworks related reality television show here in United States

PyroManiacs
09-23-2012, 11:06 AM
I think that would be a neat idea. I would definitely watch.

jknepp1954
09-23-2012, 05:00 PM
I actually got an email from them this past week - BUT - I asked for their phone number so that i may call them for more info - so far no more contact - hmmmm....

pyrola
09-23-2012, 06:00 PM
& it will be anything close to resembling reality. I am sure someone who has nothing to lose will participate in something like this.

displayfireworks1
09-30-2012, 07:01 PM
I spoke with this television producer on the phone; I gave him a few leads. He further defined what they are looking for. There is a certain formula in all these reality-based series; it usually involves a family and some interesting characters. Therefore, while it is about fireworks it is other factors also. It would be cool to see a USA based television series about fireworks.

Backyard Pyro
10-01-2012, 04:42 PM
It would be nice to see a show made in the US. The only show about fireworks that I've seen is called Pyro's and is about a company in Canada. It was ok but could definatley use alot more detail about fireworks, and not just competitions, and working around the globe. It would be nice to see a US reality show that really got into the heart of pyro. This way of life definatley needs some publicity.

EddieD
10-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Maybe we should get Dave to do a TV series :)

LightningPhil
10-02-2012, 12:02 AM
The reason they need "family and interesting characters" is because the show they are looking for, will certainly suck. They want drama and shenanigans to be the highlights and the fireworks to be the background filler. The formula for any reality show is to draw you in with the supposed main idea, and it always ends up being about the characters and the crap they do that makes the highlights of the show. If you couldnt tell, I hate that formula for reality shows. They should just follow a group of guys and let the cameras roll, but the problem with that is it would be dull to most viewers because they need the drama and shenanigans. I guess it really wouldnt be a reality show, instead it would be a documentary. I would love to see a weekly documentary about a fireworks company setting up and firing shows and explaining what they are doing, with no gimmicks or drama or crap to interfere. Most likely it will never happen though.

pyrola
10-02-2012, 11:34 AM
The reason they need "family and interesting characters" is because the show they are looking for, will certainly suck. They want drama and shenanigans to be the highlights and the fireworks to be the background filler. The formula for any reality show is to draw you in with the supposed main idea, and it always ends up being about the characters and the crap they do that makes the highlights of the show. If you couldnt tell, I hate that formula for reality shows. They should just follow a group of guys and let the cameras roll, but the problem with that is it would be dull to most viewers because they need the drama and shenanigans. I guess it really wouldnt be a reality show, instead it would be a documentary. I would love to see a weekly documentary about a fireworks company setting up and firing shows and explaining what they are doing, with no gimmicks or drama or crap to interfere. Most likely it will never happen though.

Well said! Unfortunately, this will never happen and the producers will find some small company that will think that they will be the next Orange County Chopper & quickly become the biggest fireworks company in the USA. The end product will make the industry look bad.

hokester44
10-02-2012, 01:49 PM
There would likely be way too much license given to the producers of the show, and they would likely play on the danger and risks of operating a display, which would undoubtedly shed unfavorable light on our hobby. Everyone knows, we dont need any more of that.

Backyard Pyro
10-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Most reality shows are ridiculous!!!! I really hope that this show doesn't make our "hobby" look ridiculous!!! I hope that these producers emphasize how awesome the art of pyro really is. They need to make sure that it's not like every other reality show out there, and need to make it more like a deadliest catch style reality show. Explaining in detail what the pyro's are doing and why. Drama is definatley gonna get it's fair share of play, but I hope that the art of pyro is put above all!!!!!