PDA

View Full Version : Allowed to be sold but not used

displayfireworks1
09-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Saw hello to the confusing consumer fireworks laws in United States. This video is from Tempe Arizona. Of course, we as fireworks enthusiast know what he is trying to say in the video but how man average consumers understand this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvZJNWzKzrg

jknepp1954
09-15-2012, 10:30 PM
And most folks thinks our Pa laws are messed up - not as bad as this though...LOL

Pyro Nation
09-16-2012, 08:53 PM
I love our AHJ's!!!!!

copper acetoarsenite
09-22-2012, 03:17 PM
I'd take PA anyday over stupid NY...this place is the pits unless you're doing dangerous and illegal things and you're rich...I've never seen so many people with 1.3g as I've seen in NY, idiots handlighting 6 inch shells in very insecure mortars 50' from people and other's homes ...I don't get near this stuff but I see it happening all the time...it makes me want to ring their necks...becuase when they finally kill themselves or others...the laws tighten even more for conscientious people...I mean personally I don't care if the blow themselves up, but unsuspecting and ignorant audience members and neighbors...and yes the cops do turn a blind eye to this...I don't say anything...I just hope for no accidents, frankly I can't understand how they get this stuff, it's impossible to get contingency in this part of NY and according to my brother they brag about having no license...personally I'd love to see all these clowns with 5-and 10 yr prisons sentences...at least when I used to do it in the past I made sure I was the only one in danger and I actually ordered to codes and 'orange book' through the govenment printing office [no internet at that time] so although I wasn't legal I was at least safe...these idiots are neither...makes me sick...only second to 'kewls' in terms of my utter disdain and hatred

displayfireworks1
09-22-2012, 11:03 PM
New York has always had some degree of illegal fireworks activity. I heard it was worse in the years prior to Rudy Giuliani. I heard from my sources that when 1.4 fireworks were legalized in Michigan recently, there were vendors also selling 1.3 fireworks. It is all about short term profits, I am actually indifferent to it, but it does bother some people.
The Kewl bombers as they are called do not upset me unless they are doing things of a destructive nature. Mixing ingredients to make a loud boom in a large field is actually how many fireworks enthusiast get started. Most of us have tried or continue to make loud firecrackers. I attended a Crackerjack events where properly licensed individuals make large salutes that need detonated to explode. It is not fireworks and may be high explosives , when it goes off we all laugh as it harmlessly detonates in a big field. The Kewl’s get a salute and tape a flammable liquid to it, we shoot a salute with a flammable liquid and call it a Lampare.
I sometimes communicate with these Kewl Bombers from the Netherlands via my youtube channel . Some have commented on the forums in the past. I try to guide them into more legitimate pyrotechnic activity.
When I was 14 years old, my friend and I made a Molotov Cocktail and broke it against his outdoor brick fireplace. I can still hear the neighbor yelling at us, if the internet and cell phone cameras was around back then we probably would have videoed and posted it on line. I am sure many of us have a similar story. Year ago we had to wait for someone to tell us their “Kewl” story. Now with the internet and youtube we can see thousands of Kewl stories and it can be overwhelming, but in reality I think you are seeing something that existed all along.

copper acetoarsenite
09-22-2012, 11:26 PM
I agree...I've played myself...when I was 15 I took sometiem off from school to make ethylene glycol dinitrate, nitrolcellulose which is a form of 'dynamite'....I was planning on detonating it as soon as the 'washes' were finished, but at that moment the school guidance counselor called and my mother-who otherwise cared less' saw my set-up and promptly told them 'my son made a bomb' within a few minutes the police and firedepartment arrived and the whole block was eveacuated...I lived in Nassau county which at the time did not have their own bomb squad so the NYC bomb squad had to be called...when they came they said 'what did you do?' and I had explained and showed them Davis' The Chemistry of powder and Explosives
the BS had no bomb proof suits and robots like you see on TV just regular suits...they just though I was an idiot kid, but they could clearly see I had no bad intentions they simply confiscated my explosives and left...the very next day I recieved at called in which they stated "that sh#t made quite a blast at disposal-if you ever repeat that federal charges will apply" that was the end of my high explosives fun, forever...I only consider ir kewl when you intentionally use explosives to hurt others or damage people's property...I love to watch thing blow up...I feel that the explosives industtry could employ many many people w/o these ridiculous regulations, but unfortunately dangerous psychopaths make that dream and impossibilty...I too did a molatov cocktail once...couldn't resist---I watch youtubes of folks blowing up harmless things all the time---I'm not bothered by it at all...I love explosives, especially fireworks!!!

One other story for confession I sometimes used to hold firecrackers just to get a bit of a sting till I really got a painful burn, so I stopped...

Back in the day in Queens the fourth was an inferno--- fireworks flying everywhere..the police were powerless to stop it once it began...I mean it was total madness...I always reflect fondly upon those days...what a 'strange love' lol