PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Junior Pyrotechnic Association Video

displayfireworks1
08-30-2012, 08:24 AM
This is video of the Junior Pyrotechnic Association from La Porte Indiana Pyrotechnic Guild International convention. The group consist of ages 7 to 17 setting up and shooting a fireworks display. This year they also used the Cobra Fireworks Fining System to shoot parts of the display.
If you are ages, 7 to 17 your parents will also need to be a member of the Pyrotechnic Guild International. For the year 2013, I am attempting to recruit at least 50 new members into the PGI when the convention will be in Butler County Pennsylvania, stayed tuned for details.
This video is currently unlisted but you can view it here on pyrotalk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVPdUl8fr_w

Vavoom
09-03-2012, 07:02 AM
I'm not really thrilled about the display (too much chaos for my liking), but what I do like is that kids get the chance to become acquainted with a firework(s display), are being taught and get first hand experience what's going on when setting up and lighting it. And that's also what it's about! Thanks for filming these junior pyros in action.

PyroManiacs
09-03-2012, 10:25 AM
I think they should wait longer between lighting each row. It definitely would look better. But still cool to see younger people getting that hands on experience.