PDA

View Full Version : Firing system's

Wiln2lrn
08-26-2012, 12:35 PM
I am some what new to the pryo scene
My question is
What type of firing system is better to use a full wireless or a firing box with cable
I've build both Type's but with the wireless system I worried the another frequince could set it off
Any input would be great

Thanks
And have a great day

Pyro-T
08-26-2012, 01:06 PM
When using a wireless tranmitter and receiver you should be sure that the fire signal is encripted or something to prevent interruption or worse. You can buy quite safe wireless firing modules at Ebay from China.

Using a firing system with cables is quite safe, but is restricted to cable length, and is less flexible looking to wireless solutions.

Wiln2lrn
08-27-2012, 04:53 AM
Thanks for the feedback Pryo-T
I like the thought of not running the long cables

Thanks again
Wiln2lrn

pyro man 205
08-27-2012, 02:36 PM
do a search for Firing system's this thread has been posted be for. check out Daves Sponsors page, QuantumFire has some nice firing systems. I have 3 wireless firing systems. you pm me for more info on firing systems.

valpoboom
08-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Firing systems are as different as the people that buy them. I did alot of research and this last winter I bought my first wireless firing system. If you pm me I can help you with any questions you have and about the system I purchased.

cracker
08-31-2012, 03:49 AM
Why cant the convo be aired on here? Why PMd? Not fair to the rest of us who are trying to learn something. Just saying.

valpoboom
08-31-2012, 04:13 PM
I would be glad to share any info someone may have from the hours upon hours of research I did into getting my first firing system. The problem is my system is sold by one of Daves sponors but is customized by another guy who is not a sponsor yet. He said he was looking into the site and may have to contact Dave about becoming a sponsor. If this happens I will publicly talk about the system on this site. Until then I will say I am buying another one this year and am most likely buying a cobra system as well. Always good to have a few really great, reliable systems.

displayfireworks1
08-31-2012, 06:33 PM
Over the years, most people in to fireworks purchase a few different firing systems. I talked with a man that has a small fireworks display company shooting small fireworks displays for weddings. He still uses the imported 12 shot firing systems; he does not feel the need to purchase anything else. There is still room for other firing systems I welcome anyone selling systems to join my website.
If you look at the market for small fireworks firing systems in the less than $1000.00 price range. Any purchase decision you are making will now be compared against a Cobra system. If anything, it is keeping the price of systems that are not Cobra’s low. One of my advertisers Quantum Fire sells a whole array of inexpensive systems, but I also noticed he is also selling the Cobra System. I think it all great because I remember around the year 2000 to 2001 I was assisting with FireOne fireworks display and was trying to use electric match ignition on my backyard displays, there was nothing, not one wireless firing system out there. There were a few guys that designed systems with long computer cable attached and that was it. Then the small wireless import systems started to arrive. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Now we have firing systems with USB drives.

cracker
09-06-2012, 04:03 AM
I would be glad to share any info someone may have from the hours upon hours of research I did into getting my first firing system. The problem is my system is sold by one of Daves sponors but is customized by another guy who is not a sponsor yet. He said he was looking into the site and may have to contact Dave about becoming a sponsor. If this happens I will publicly talk about the system on this site. Until then I will say I am buying another one this year and am most likely buying a cobra system as well. Always good to have a few really great, reliable systems.

If we can only talk about, and share our passion for fireworks in such a narrow, and limiting scope. Then what's the point of talking at all? My thought is; it doesn't make sense. Just my opinion that's all.

displayfireworks1
09-06-2012, 10:15 PM
If you want to learn something about firing systems please visit my sponsors and review their websites. The ones that are selling firing systems usually have a few different ones to choose from. A large percentage of my videos have me and other people using a fireworks firing system. I have tutorials on fireworks firing systems. I would encourage you to purchase a fireworks firing system from one of the sponsors that support my website and fireworks videos. Without sponsor support this website may not be possible.
Most backyard pyros progress in this fashion, they usually start out with the budget import models then progress into a secondary more expensive system once they grasp the concept of electrical firing. Any system out there with cables that run to each module is going to have limited longevity and should be priced accordingly. The new technology is wireless. There must be 100 people that created a hard-wired firing system and tried to market it.
This is my current opinion on the state of fireworks firing systems in the less than $1000.00 price range. There is the Cobra Fireworks Firing System and then there is everything else that is not a Cobra Fireworks Firing System. Every firing system decision purchase made in the less than $1000.00 price range will be evaluated against the Cobra. The performance and price of every system in the price range will be compared to the Cobra. This is actually driving down the price of the other systems because that is the only way they can compete. I used the inexpensive import systems in the past and occasionally still do, they have their place in the market.
If a pyro-technicians budget is above $1000.00 dollars it opens up a whole new way to look at firing systems. That is another story.
So rather than talk about all the firing siring systems out there I would prefer someone with a firing system from one of my sponsors post a comment or video related to using one of their systems. If someone out there feels they have created a fireworks firing system that wants to compete in this market please contact me via the website contact.

Backyard Pyro
09-25-2012, 01:22 AM
I bought my first system this year from Quantum. Let me put it to you like this I just bought a 2nd because I was so pleased. I would check out their website they have a wide variety of systems to choose from fitting any size budget.