PDA

View Full Version : After getting your ATF license...

pyrodisco
08-22-2012, 08:50 PM
So I'm going through the process now of getting my Type 54 license. I'm reading through the forums and i'm starting to see what would come next.

I joined the PGI this year and I'm planning on attending the PGI next year when it comes to Bulter, Pa. I'm also thinking of joining the Crackerjacks, but haven't looked into it yet. I'd like to take the PGI Display Shooters Certification course offered at Kellner's next year.

If I get my Type 54 before the holiday's I'd like to do a small NYE show. I understand I'll need to get a permit from local authorities. I also see from the forums that municipalities are also requiring insurance. Is this becoming common?

I'd be shooting at my parents place in unity township, westmoreland county in the country. Anyone have expirence with trying to local permits out that way?

Just trying to get all my ducks in a row for (fingers crossed) after I get my ATF license.

I'd appreciate suggestions on hearing others expirences where after they got their license and how they went about using it.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Pyro Nation
08-23-2012, 12:30 AM
It all depends on the AHJ, but insurance is coming a common practice.

Remember to document all, Have a binder or some sort of system to keep it organized.
If not able to blow off that day be sure to be able to return it to your contingency storage or your magazine

BE safe and have fun

Think about a local club as well like the PPA

jknepp1954
08-23-2012, 05:15 AM
Pyroliffic has some good advice.
And Yes - join a club or two or three! LOL
Kellners does have that PGI class in April.
I am not sure yet, but there is a possibility of a PGI class next month in the Alliquippa area - right in your back yard - when i get the details I will post them later.

Northern Sky
08-23-2012, 08:30 AM
If you are interested there is a North East Ohio Pyro Group (NEOP) club shoot in Bolivar Pa September 1 if you are interested. There will be quite a few pyros at the event and 4 shows I believe along with some open shooting.

PyroManiacs
08-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Are there ever any club meets on the eastern side of Pa? All these meets Im seeing are just a little too far for me to travel to. There is one this weekend for the PPA that I will be attending, and is actually the first time going to a Pyro meet. I am soo stoked. It just seems like they are always over by the Pitts area.

That NEOP meet is on my bday weekend. But like I said, its just a little too far. :(

How can we plan more for my side of the state!?!? :)

Pyro Nation
08-23-2012, 01:07 PM
there are quite a few in our area. It all depends on the time. Some you will travel for some are closer.

Planning more all depends on if ya have someone with the space willing to host a open shoot

PyroManiacs
08-23-2012, 03:06 PM
My uncle owns a farm in the Valley of Hazelton, Pa. (Sugar Loaf, Pa) I can probably talk to him. I know he was always into fireworks back in the day. I could probably re-spark his interest. He has just a basic open field in front of his house about 3 times the size of a football field and not many house around. Its where we always shoot our product whenever I was up there around the holidays.

Pyro Nation
08-23-2012, 03:42 PM
That would work. We will talk more

PyroManiacs
08-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Yes, lets!

jknepp1954
08-23-2012, 10:03 PM
My uncle owns a farm in the Valley of Hazelton, Pa. (Sugar Loaf, Pa) I can probably talk to him. I know he was always into fireworks back in the day. I could probably re-spark his interest. He has just a basic open field in front of his house about 3 times the size of a football field and not many house around. Its where we always shoot our product whenever I was up there around the holidays.
Yes - sounds interesting.
Pyromaniac - can you clean out mailbox - trying to pm you! LOL

PyroManiacs
08-23-2012, 10:12 PM
ok, doing it now