PDA

View Full Version : Merlin/ Trilogy Artillery Shells

jh222
08-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Hey wanted to know if any one had any details, reviews, or comments on Merlin or Trilogy Mortar Kits by World Class. A local fireworks dealer has them for Buy 1 Get 2... and I wanted to gets some more info before making a purchase

pyro man 205
08-21-2012, 12:45 AM
GET THEM IF YOU CAN. i try to get them when i can to put them in my show to go a long with my 300+ shells . they are great shells! IMO so get them while you can.

jknepp1954
08-21-2012, 06:07 AM
From my understanding (and i just found this out 2 years ago) that Merlins are basically Excal shells, just in a smaller pkg. So yes they are good. Trilogy = just a nice 3 break shell. We have a few of the Windmill rewrap left of Trilogy, but we also have this is a variety pack version called double nuts and triple ripples. it has 12 pc of 3 break shells and double break shells. I use these all the time for sky puke in my finales. VERY NICE
There is a 3 break shell from Cutting Edge I was wondering about - since lots of CE shells seem to me a little nicer than others - anyone on here see them?

jh222
08-21-2012, 10:00 AM
@jknepp1954, Thanks a lot for the inside scoop. Thats great because the way they're being sold I get 30 more shells with Merlin Buy One Get Two than I would with Excals at the same price. As i stated in previous posts I not really a wholesale buyer professional pyro, considering that our display is only a small backyard one for family and friends, I really look to get the most variety and value with BOGO or BOGT from some local fireworks dealers. That information really helps, thanks again

pyro man 205
08-21-2012, 11:52 AM
jk how can Merlins be basically Excal shells when Excals are can shells and Merlins are a double peanut?

jknepp1954
08-21-2012, 01:22 PM
ooopsie - ever hear of a sr moment? :o I was thinking of Sir lancelots are the excals (16/6) and aslo King Arthur shell (8/12)

jh222
08-21-2012, 02:46 PM
jknepp... sorry for the confusion, but are Merlins still pretty good shells?

valpoboom
08-21-2012, 05:47 PM
@jknepp1954, Thanks a lot for the inside scoop. Thats great because the way they're being sold I get 30 more shells with Merlin Buy One Get Two than I would with Excals at the same price. As i stated in previous posts I not really a wholesale buyer professional pyro, considering that our display is only a small backyard one for family and friends, I really look to get the most variety and value with BOGO or BOGT from some local fireworks dealers. That information really helps, thanks again

As Dave and many others showed me you don't have to be a huge wholesale buyer to get great deals and selections. I am sure there are other companys out there but from my experience wfboom.com is awesome. They offer many assortment cases at that great wholesale price. I also only do small backyard shows at the moment and last year I had 5X the selection and 10X the product from the previous year thanks to everyone here's advice. But if you look into other advertisers here I am sure you can really find what you need.

jknepp1954
08-21-2012, 06:43 PM
jknepp... sorry for the confusion, but are Merlins still pretty good shells?
That is one of the few shells i have never shot nor seen - so you would have to ask someone else.

**Somewhat off topic - Buyer be ware - I am not sure where you are buying at for the BOGO or BOGT, but remember unless it is a true BOGO - all it is a pricing gimmick. For example - We carry double nuts and triple ripples shells and we sell them all year round for $XX - but say i have way too many and i want to thin down inventory and be able to draw more retail customers to me - I could sell those at BOGO and you would only have to pay 1/2 of the original amount. Then that is then a good deal. But if say Phantom sells Cuckoos for $15 box (price made up) and they do BOGO - is that a good deal? NO! But if they sold them for $5 everyday (price made up) and then to turn around inventory and bring more retail customers in, then a BOGO would be a good deal.

pyro man 205
08-22-2012, 04:25 PM
yes jh222, the Merlins are a great shell like i said be for i have shot them and Trilogy too. if you can get them go for it. IMO they are a mid shell but will still get the job done.